• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Project "this is going to take a while". TN

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Great pic bud.. Think I'd be framing that one..

Found a picture from back in '93. I believe it's from right after grandpa got it. My other grandfather passed away yesterday and it has gotten me even more motivated to get this one put back together so grandpa can see it. I got all the brake lines ran and the brakes work again. Almost ready to set the motor in and put the lift on.

67RT

Bronco Guru
It looks like you have a great start. What a rare truck. From the looks of the driver front inner fender it appears to have taken a shot. Looks like you are getting it squared away. What are your plans? Hard to lose the top where you live..

OP
OP
S

Ss69

Loc.
Chattanooga TN
It looks like you have a great start. What a rare truck. From the looks of the driver front inner fender it appears to have taken a shot. Looks like you are getting it squared away. What are your plans? Hard to lose the top where you live..

Plans are just to get it in a running condition for now so I can move it around easily. Long term, mostly a street truck with some trips to the woods to watch everyone beat on theirs. And to have the convenience of a 4x4 when needed. At some point that LF fender took a lick. The PO prior to my Grandpa had taken 3 and made this one. I assume that's why the eyebrow grille isn't on it. Hopefully now that it is closer to the house(and closer to the power supply for the welder) some patch panels will be installed and it will be looking better too but my main focus is just getting it running at this point.

67RT

Bronco Guru
Who sees the inner fender anyway!! I like it. FrankenBronco!

lca'73

Loc.
Asheville, NC
be glad to get together. my wife's business is on Dayton blvd. It's called play dog excellent.

Ha small world. The restaurant a block down the road was mine. Little ice cream shop called Dub's Place.

Ohhh I'm just finding this thread and you are making me sooooo homesick!!! We lived off of Hedgewood across from Amigos and know Dub's and Play Dog!!...we educated ourselves, not our dogs, multiple times there. ;D

I didn't have my Bronco at the time, but I also had no idea there were Bronco buddies right there in Red Bankastan! We miss it!! Our daughter still lives there, so I get to visit fairly frequently.

SS69 Good luck on getting it done! I'll be keeping an eye out to see how it goes.

OP
OP
S

Ss69

Loc.
Chattanooga TN

Finally moved it to the new house as my birthday present to myself. Finally getting to tinker with it some since it's a few steps away instead of 15 miles. Still dividing time between it and getting the garage properly setup.

OP
OP
S

Ss69

Loc.
Chattanooga TN
Well I got some great news a few minutes ago. I had a buddy come by and check my rig out. He works at a body shop and loves to do side work. And he also has a 63 Galaxie that needs the motor and trans put back in and get it running. So we worked out a little trade deal and I just saved myself months of welding and body work for a couple weekends of wrenching and getting an old car running. This was the part I was dreading wether I did it myself or paid someone to do it. I'm STOKED!

OP
OP
S

Ss69

Loc.
Chattanooga TN

Had the little one help in the garage today. Got some wiring cleaned up, my fuel lines ran and coolant hoses all set. Eventful day for sure.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Have to say that is a great pic for sure! Good luck with the build! Keep the updates coming!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Get another shot like that with the full Bronco showing, a little bit of the shop for "character" and the helper posing or with a tool, and you'll have a calendar worthy shot for next year!

In fact, I vote for a second calendar to be released with only family/Bronco pics. Love the regular calendar of course, but the kids are just to precious to not have their own.

So one vote on the list...

Paul

OP
OP
S

Ss69

Loc.
Chattanooga TN
Thanks ya'll. I hope she gets the bug too.....

I put in some time in the shop last night and started on the lift as well and messing with the wife's heep some too. Got the front done minus the c bushings. I have to say..... I don't miss working on the floor with a jack and my very safe jack stands(see the pic). I work at a car dealer with all the amenities that go along with it. I'm thinking of loading it on the trailer and taking it to work so I can do the rear on my lift.

OP
OP
S

Ss69

Loc.
Chattanooga TN

Started putting the rear lift on today. Got it as far as setting the rear end out and realized that I won't have it done in the time I have allotted today. Since it was sitting halfway outside I put it back together enough to roll it back inside and continued.

OP
OP
S

Ss69

Loc.
Chattanooga TN
Things are slowly progressing. This is the first time in 10 years that the front end has been set back on it. Got it loaded up a couple weeks ago and took it to my buddies house to get the body work done on it. In exchange for the body work, I'm putting a motor and trans (among other things) in a 65 Galaxie for him. I was happy with that trade. haha Another buddy is going to paint the Bronco when it gets done with the body work. Slowly but surely......