• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2020 two door bronco "no go" article

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
This was covered on a previous thread, but the 4-door Wrangler is a better and more capable off-road vehicle than the 2 door. A STOCK 2-door Rubicon (no lift, 32" tires) is better than a STOCK 4-door Rubicon due to break-over angle. BUT a modified 4-door Rubicon (lift with 35" plus tires) is better than a stock or modified 2-door in almost all cases due to the extended wheel base. Most of the Wranglers you see on the trail (and I just got back from wheeling the Alpine Loop trails and we did Moab in May) are 4-doors. That's why Jeep is selling so many Unlimiteds - they are good for soccer moms AND for serious off-roaders.

Ford could make a capable 4-door Bronco if they want to. Will they? Your guess is as good as mine. If they don't, they've missed the whole point and will have misjudged the market.

OX1

Bronco Guru
This was covered on a previous thread, but the 4-door Wrangler is a better and more capable off-road vehicle than the 2 door. A STOCK 2-door Rubicon (no lift, 32" tires) is better than a STOCK 4-door Rubicon due to break-over angle. BUT a modified 4-door Rubicon (lift with 35" plus tires) is better than a stock or modified 2-door in almost all cases due to the extended wheel base. Most of the Wranglers you see on the trail (and I just got back from wheeling the Alpine Loop trails and we did Moab in May) are 4-doors. That's why Jeep is selling so many Unlimiteds - they are good for soccer moms AND for serious off-roaders.

Ford could make a capable 4-door Bronco if they want to. Will they? Your guess is as good as mine. If they don't, they've missed the whole point and will have misjudged the market.

No reason ford couldn't make a 2 door with extended wheelbase, like say around 104 inches ;D. But I could care less if it is 4 door as long as it has solid axles. Otherwise, no point in making it at all.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've owned both 2 and 4 door Rubicons. The reason I'm in a 2 door now is the 4 door was a lemon, the new 2dr one has been flawless. The full story on 2v4 door is the money you put in a 4 door, if you did that to a 2 door by pushing out the axles, you would also be miles ahead. The 4 door does make it an easier bolt on mod to a pretty impressive beast, yet my 2dr can still kick their butts:) A 4dr cannot turn anywhere near like a 2dr can.

Hope Ford is true to the EB rather than the Tacoma.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I've owned both 2 and 4 door Rubicons. The reason I'm in a 2 door now is the 4 door was a lemon, the new 2dr one has been flawless. The full story on 2v4 door is the money you put in a 4 door, if you did that to a 2 door by pushing out the axles, you would also be miles ahead. The 4 door does make it an easier bolt on mod to a pretty impressive beast, yet my 2dr can still kick their butts:) A 4dr cannot turn anywhere near like a 2dr can.

Hope Ford is true to the EB rather than the Tacoma.

Turning radius is where the 2-door has the advantage. We did Black Bear last week and the 2-doors made it look easy. We did Moab in May and the 4-doors outperformed the 2-doors on steps and steep inclines where wheel base was king. Agree, stretching a 2-door is the way to go but I'm not sure this would be cheaper than modding a 4-door.