• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Blue Ranger Houndstooth Seat Covers?

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Looking at the pics of the original cover for my backseat, I am not seeing a seam.

Original covers did not have the seam. My BroncoHut cover does have a seam there.... I expect it’s an effort to save some cost on materials.

On the first set of covers there were many differences in the way seams were stitched. Some seams were not top stitched, or French seams, as the originals were. Piping was missing from the back of the front seats etc.... there is also a zipper in the bottom of the rear seat back instead of wires for hog rings.

OP
OP
mickphatmac

mickphatmac

A Big ThankYou to member Tbruz!
He’s getting me the right amount and the right kind of fabric that I need to finish my seats!
THANKYOU!!!

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
Anybody buy int door panels and rear panels ranger green houndstooth from SMS auto fabric in Oregon not a bad price was wondering about the quality

tirewater

Contributor
Loc.
San Francisco Bay Area
Ask if they tell their supply to use a burlwood veneer, err sticker, rather than the cheap 70's wood paneling sticker. It's always been pretty easy to see which cars have the original door panels versus the new one.

clarrance

Bronco Guru
I talked to SMS the other day about the bronco interior door & quarter panels. Price is $895 and have a lead time of 8-12 months.

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
I got pictures of sms door panels and rear quarter about a month ago they said $725 set of 4 the upper wood grain on door didn’t look original .The dark jade green vinyl was off a little lighter green but the green houndstooth looked right on at $119.00 a yard my upholstery guy said a yard would work for the bucket seats

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
SMS auto fabric in Canby Or has a big sale going on now first time . 19% off NOS fabric hounds tooth and vinyl I have from bought from them Have fun dealing with them