• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Barrett Jackson 2019

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
If any of you are going to be there next Friday, I'm going to be participating in a panel discussion Friday morning. Not sure what all will be discussed but hopefully it'll be fun.

Todd Z.

Always fun right... :)

andyp

Contributor
I will try and be there by 9. Curious to hear that! Thanks. Is the Equidome the indoor horse arena?

In the rodeo arena. If you are facing the auction block it is to the left.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Lot #195 - 1971 FORD BRONCO CUSTOM 4X4

226507_Front_3-4_Web.jpg
Went to $33K and then 2 guys bid it up to $45K. Winning bidder made the auctioneer hold his beer while he signed the paperwork

$41K

OP
OP
Broncobowsher

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Broncos EVERYWHERE! Not only are there the ones for sale, but the ones brought in for promotion. There is even one hiding in disguise. Overall the quality is way up over years prior. Not to worry, there is still plenty of problems out there. So many are fresh builds, rushed to make the auction. U-bolts too long, if the bumpstops were to make contact there would be holes in the floor. Axle vent hose resting against the headers. They are Broncos, so a handful of leaks, that is a given. Scrap metal body lift. Side view mirror mounted so low on the passenger door it can't be seen from the driver's seat. Exhaust tubing almost kinked shut. Questionable serpentine belt install (only need 3 ribs to run A/C and power steering?). Some odd seatbelt arrangments as well.

Daystar's FC Jeep was up for sale as well. Another SEMA show truck up for sale like the Royal Purple Bronco (that is still the best one there).

There is a Wayne's World replica Pacer that sold. That one was at work last year. It was shipping back from a Mecum auction back east. Surprised to see it again. There were a few other cars I have seen go through auction in past years back again.

Still trying to figure the hidden Bronco? Lot 476.1 It also has stacked wheel spacers up front.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Broncos EVERYWHERE! Not only are there the ones for sale, but the ones brought in for promotion. There is even one hiding in disguise. Overall the quality is way up over years prior. Not to worry, there is still plenty of problems out there. So many are fresh builds, rushed to make the auction. U-bolts too long, if the bumpstops were to make contact there would be holes in the floor. Axle vent hose resting against the headers. They are Broncos, so a handful of leaks, that is a given. Scrap metal body lift. Side view mirror mounted so low on the passenger door it can't be seen from the driver's seat. Exhaust tubing almost kinked shut. Questionable serpentine belt install (only need 3 ribs to run A/C and power steering?). Some odd seatbelt arrangments as well.

Daystar's FC Jeep was up for sale as well. Another SEMA show truck up for sale like the Royal Purple Bronco (that is still the best one there).

There is a Wayne's World replica Pacer that sold. That one was at work last year. It was shipping back from a Mecum auction back east. Surprised to see it again. There were a few other cars I have seen go through auction in past years back again.

Still trying to figure the hidden Bronco? Lot 476.1 It also has stacked wheel spacers up front.

Thanks for the great report, Tim!

Todd Z.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Curious since BJ is a thousand miles away and I'll likely never get there...how much are the fees on let's say a $25K sale? I don't follow any auctions at all but this post has been a fun read...thanks for the updates!!

OP
OP
Broncobowsher

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Fees are high. Registration varies depending on the time slot. I haven't checked recently but it was $250-$1000+
The seller also pays an 8% premium
The buyer also pays a 6% premium

In reference I checked Mecum and they are $250. 3% seller and the first $250 of that 3% are refunded to cover the registration. Don't know buyer (I was only checking to sell).

mbhaddad

Fees are high. Registration varies depending on the time slot. I haven't checked recently but it was $250-$1000+
The seller also pays an 8% premium
The buyer also pays a 6% premium

In reference I checked Mecum and they are $250. 3% seller and the first $250 of that 3% are refunded to cover the registration. Don't know buyer (I was only checking to sell).

At Mecum the buyer premium is 10%

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
At Mecum the buyer premium is 10%

Seller and buyer pay 10% at Mecum. Ask me how I know!!

And time slot fee also changes by day/time. I paid $500 for a Friday afternoon slot. Sat afternoon is much more. This was in Houston 1 1/2 years ago. The fees may change by location??

OP
OP
Broncobowsher

Broncobowsher

Total hack
There could be different fees in different markets. I asked for details when Mecum had a booth at SEMA in 2017. I was asking about the KC auction. My plan was to drive to KC, stay with family, fly home. Sell a rust free, straight, clean Arizona F250. Those were the numbers they quoted me. Might have to check with them again.

The seller premium varied depending on reserve vs. no-reserve. That I do remember that.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
There could be different fees in different markets. I asked for details when Mecum had a booth at SEMA in 2017. I was asking about the KC auction. My plan was to drive to KC, stay with family, fly home. Sell a rust free, straight, clean Arizona F250. Those were the numbers they quoted me. Might have to check with them again.

The seller premium varied depending on reserve vs. no-reserve. That I do remember that.

Yes, having a reserve is more expensive. You have to have a good reserve strategy when you're on the block! Once it hits reserve they lose interest in working it longer to make a minimal incremental few dollars. They want to move on to the next sale. But BJ is almost all non-reserve sales.

andyp

Contributor
Barrett-Jackson has a 10% buyers fee and 8% sellers fee.
Entry fees vary by auction and time/day. Wednesday consignment fee this year for Scottsdale was $600. Friday prime time was $1500.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
A few pics from yesterday. Andyp with Willie Stroppe. My wife and I with him, and a shot of the panel put together by Seth Burgett from Gateway Bronco.

And I have no idea how to flip the photos.

Todd Z.

Attachments

• IMG_6892.JPG
    IMG_6892.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_6894.JPG
    IMG_6894.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_6927.JPG
    IMG_6927.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 119

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Is there a way to find out the dates for 2020? I’m planning a trip there next year.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
A quick search didn't find the dates yet but I'm guessing it will be Jan 10-19 or something like that.

Todd Z.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
How was the panel? Anything interesting to fill us in on?