• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Opinions on bronco

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Wow! It comes with a full size spare! That's gotta add at least $500 value right there!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Nice rig, but just the thought of going through a dealer, turns me off. too much inflation...

pass..

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
The company has a horrible track record with unhappy customers. Though they really just flip Broncos that were built by someone else so sometimes you might find something decent but over priced.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Interesting mix of old rusty bits and shiny parts. Rusty springs and old shocks and a shiny front axle. The lack of detail would bother me at that price. Speaker holes in the doors, paint chips around the tailgate, flaking paint on the steering column, sloppy details in the interior etc. Things that could be fixed easily but the seller doesn’t care enough to do it. Overall it looks to be pretty solid but needs some attention before I would pay that price.

I may be biased. I’ve never seen a Bronco, in person, at a consignment shop that I thought was a good deal so I am very wary of them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tugross302

Tugross302

Thank you guys. Lay it on me. I told him buying from a dealer is not usually the way to go. He needs to buy one from someone on this forum and definitely go see it before he buys. I’m forwarding these responses to him

OX1

Bronco Guru
Interesting mix of old rusty bits and shiny parts. Rusty springs and old shocks and a shiny front axle. The lack of detail would bother me at that price. Speaker holes in the doors, paint chips around the tailgate, flaking paint on the steering column, sloppy details in the interior etc. Things that could be fixed stuff but the seller doesn’t care enough to do it. Overall it looks to be pretty solid but needs some attention before I would pay that price.

I may be biased. I’ve never seen a Bronco, in person, at a consignment shop that I thought was a good deal so I am very wary of them.

I agree. if you can't at least fix the easy stuff, how
much effort went into the "hard" stuff..............

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Tell your friend if he buys from Streetside, he will likely end up on the side of the street :D

crab

Bronco Guru
IDK. I see potential....... they have already started the frame off restoration for you by removing the front body bolts. Or maybe......?

House

Minutia Militia
Looks like they started out with a pretty nice truck though, the door jambs and inside of the doors (bummer on speaker holes) appear to be original paint... And nothing wrong with
a shiny new front end if it is a disc brake Dana 44 (bummer on Chevy discs).
Definitely not my bag of tea, but I have seen worse for more for sure...

Bronco 4 life

Loc.
Yakima
It looks ok in the pictures but nothing beats eyes on in person all these stealer ships are low buck flippers just looking to make a buck at any cost real sad to see Broncos in their greasy hands.. I’m helping a guy out who spent 30k on one that looked good in the pics but in reality when it showed up he got someone’s clapped out old wheeler with a back yard paint job that looked good in the pics. Lucky the gas tank was full of mud and would not run when he got it cause it was a death trap!!!

Bottom line dealer member or anyone else it’s cheaper to get a plane ticket and look at your investment in person than spend tens of thousands of dollars on for a few nice pics

My 2cents

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Stealership standard method of operation: Put a little lipstick on the pig and raise the price by 100%

OP
OP
Tugross302

Tugross302

Thanks guys. I think he’s decided to pass on this one. Now we have to find him a good one for the right price. He’s willing to spend the money but he wants a nice turn key automatic ready for some summer cruises

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Thanks guys. I think he’s decided to pass on this one. Now we have to find him a good one for the right price. He’s willing to spend the money but he wants a nice turn key automatic ready for some summer cruises

Key is to be patient.. Right one will come along

OP
OP
Tugross302

Tugross302

Sorry. Forgot about this thread. Update. My buddy bought a nice solid ‘67 driver off another buddy of mine last week.