• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Spare Frame to Rotisserie

NickC24

Contributor
Hi,

I have a spare frame that I want to turn into a rotisserie so I can get my chassis dialed in and do some body/paint work to the underside of the body.

I have heard you can convert two engine stands into a rotisserie, does anybody have plans or links that will help. Or is there a better way. Need Help!!

Thanks,

71Broncitis

You'd be better off just fabbing the support frame from $75-100 of square tubing. I also had frames available, but went with the latter for a lighter, more useful end product without a bunch of extra junk in the way. The one I made standard the body off about 10" so I can easily get in to scrape, blast, weld, paint, etc.

It also breaks down for easier storage and is easily adaptable to other vehicles.

I've used two engine stands for a rotisserie just to work on frames, but they are rather narrow and short to handle a body.

I ended up going with a commercial rotisserie for that which is much more stable and has other features.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
I stole this pic many moons ago. I made a set of stands and plan on using a spare frame. I plan to add a 6"-8" pipe to lift the tub off the fame for better access. I'm still working on my drivetrain at a snails pace. The tub will come soon after. Check out my build to see my rotisserie.
Matt

Attachments

• IMG_0294.JPG
    IMG_0294.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 193

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
PM me a number I can send pics too. I picked up HF stands on sale, cut and straightened them worked pretty slick for frame rotisserie. I have not used to spin frame yet. This was my solution. Depending on your fab experience and available equipment you may want to go more sophisticated

Hank

jmhend

Bronco Guru
I stole this pic many moons ago. I made a set of stands and plan on using a spare frame. I plan to add a 6"-8" pipe to lift the tub off the fame for better access. I'm still working on my drivetrain at a snails pace. The tub will come soon after. Check out my build to see my rotisserie.
Matt

Matt, any chance you can share with me the source of this picture? I have had that exact door opening brace in my head but never really put it to metal. So I would love it if I could get the dimensions.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Friend had a homemade rotisserie and used old car knuckles and bearings for the pivots. Spins much nicer than my engine stand.

I would have used rear bearings and brakes off a FWD car so it would lock in place better.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Matt, any chance you can share with me the source of this picture? I have had that exact door opening brace in my head but never really put it to metal. So I would love it if I could get the dimensions.

I stole that pic from FordMan or Fordfan out of Alabama. He did a restoration of a grabber blue half an bronco. He did a build thread on that bronco so it shouldn't be too hard to find. Thing is he didn't go into detail on his rotisserie. I felt I can replicate the idea. That was back in 2017 and I haven't made more than an inch of progress.
Sorry for not being more helpful.

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Sell me the frame and go buy a rotisserie!

Tempting, I will keep you in mind.

I stole that pic from FordMan or Fordfan out of Alabama. He did a restoration of a grabber blue half an bronco. He did a build thread on that bronco so it shouldn't be too hard to find. Thing is he didn't go into detail on his rotisserie. I felt I can replicate the idea. That was back in 2017 and I haven't made more than an inch of progress.
Sorry for not being more helpful.

No this is perfect. I can search for his build thread. Thanks so much.

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
When you have the body raised like that it is very off center and will flip over in a nanosecond if it gets away from you. Had it happen, probably would've killed me if I was in the wrong place. Hard top was on which made it worse. Now it's stabilized with chain and binder on each side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro