• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
Attempting to remove the tow hitch that is on my Bronco. 2 hours later I've broken 2 bumper bolts and have the bumper removed. Went to work on the back 2 bolts on the tow hitch and I cracked the 3/4 socket, something I can say I have never done before. I'm sure I need to heat them up, but they are close to the gas tank and I'd rather not. Any other suggestions? I wonder how I go about getting Craftsman to send me another socket.

20230226_171515.jpg

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Attempting to remove the tow hitch that is on my Bronco. 2 hours later I've broken 2 bumper bolts and have the bumper removed. Went to work on the back 2 bolts on the tow hitch and I cracked the 3/4 socket, something I can say I have never done before. I'm sure I need to heat them up, but they are close to the gas tank and I'd rather not. Any other suggestions? I wonder how I go about getting Craftsman to send me another socket.

View attachment 897797
Do you have an impact wrench and socket? If not, many auto parts stores have a tool lending progarm.

Rsmith

Finally got the dash installed for what I hope is the final time!

Also finished scraping the Dana 44 for new paint, after a fresh ARB install with 411s.
Is that a replacement dash panel? I’m thinking about getting the one with the relocated glove box but have only found blanks with only gauge and column cut out.
Looks great by the way.

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
Is that a replacement dash panel? I’m thinking about getting the one with the relocated glove box but have only found blanks with only gauge and column cut out.
Looks great by the way.
Thanks,

No it's original. I cut the glove box and speaker as a unit and flipped them 180, welded them back in, then re-finished the dash. Now the glovebox clears the cage and I might use the speaker (a replacement) for my 2-way radio.

Odd thing is, that was 20 years ago, never got around to putting it all back together. Now I am close - as in weeks!

THX,
-JB

MKMcCoy

Veteran Young Guy
Loc.
30A, Inlet Beach, FL
Removed top for first time, brainstormed solution for trimming out the rear quarter panel trim pieces (1x lumber cut to fit, then screwed overlaying trim down), installed wiper motor lowering kit and Bimini top.

Attachments

• tempImageanIWS4.png
    tempImageanIWS4.png
    2 MB · Views: 65
  • tempImage9fsC9b.png
    tempImage9fsC9b.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 65
  • tempImagelhBZB5.png
    tempImagelhBZB5.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 50
  • tempImageThYtti.png
    tempImageThYtti.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 50
  • tempImageCl2BpY.png
    tempImageCl2BpY.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
  • tempImageIf7Uhg.png
    tempImageIf7Uhg.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 50
  • tempImageN4IfCQ.png
    tempImageN4IfCQ.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 48
  • tempImageSSu8r5.png
    tempImageSSu8r5.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 47
  • tempImageW0IQhO.png
    tempImageW0IQhO.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 49
  • tempImageuhebcJ.png
    tempImageuhebcJ.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 72

kat

Loc.
Bristol

View attachment 897797
Do you have 'Free All' in your parts house around where you live? Its Blaster on steroids. A little more expensive but I haven't found anything it dont break loose.

gmduncan

Contributor
Loc.
Annapolis
Started stripping it down to lighten the load for body removal. Previous owner started replacing the floors.

Attachments

• GFZL2940.JPG
    GFZL2940.JPG
    243.8 KB · Views: 24
  • GRVJ7600.JPG
    GRVJ7600.JPG
    236.1 KB · Views: 24

Dne007

Contributor
Hi, I installed some rocker decals, but the Bronco is down as I'm installing a fuel sender switch in the gas tank. Rather excited to see the gauge work!
dne'

Attachments

• Bronco decalsa.jpg
    Bronco decalsa.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 36

gmduncan

Contributor
Loc.
Annapolis

View attachment 897797
Believe or not, I've used kerosene on PITA rusted nuts and bolts, after a few coats and days, they break loose.
I understand that completely