• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco6G renderings.........

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
The "design" is trying to be too many things to too many people. I am sure it will meet all the design criteria for a modern vehicle, but it is not a stand out design. It is a composite of early and 3rd gen design elements that will satisfy, if not inspire many people. 2-door or 4-door, makes no difference design-wise. Most of us poor folk don't need to worry about any of this I fear.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Not exactly how I'd picture it, but it's not real bad. Could always be worst

landshark99

Bronco Guru
I am actually not hating either too much. Even if these aren't official renderings it's kind of fun to watch them progress. I hope whatever is released is half way decent as I will be in the market.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Ford should skip all this BS and waste of money and bring in the troller.

Attachments

• troller.jpg
    troller.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 151

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Ford should skip all this BS and waste of money and bring in the troller.

I like the basic size and shape but the styling is way too Fisher-Price, for me. It looks like a kid should be pushing it around in a sandbox. Talking about the vehicle, not the model. She's OK, just needs a little toning on those getaway sticks.

PConsidineJr

I wonder how it would look as a 4 door with the half doors you can get on the F Series Trucks? It'd be a nice compromise of the utility of 4 doors but the original appearance of two doors. I think that would be an interesting option I'd really consider.

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Here's what I posted on the 6G site, which summarizes most of my thoughts. Which can be summarized as a kind of "meh" with caveats.

The four door looks as though it will serve the needs of those liking four doors well, a thing that clearly makes a lot, if not all, of the current Jeep buyers happy. So that is not an issue with this design. What may remain as a serious buyer reduction is
1. There is no visible front pumpkin (at least that I can see). That is not a big issue with me as I have driven a few four-wheel drives with independent front suspensions that are remarkably capable. But the hard core will not like it, and it would certainly be cause for plenty of bragging rights for Jeeps and embarrassment for Broncos.
2. The exterior design still needs maturing. Currently it still has the appearance of a mash-up of early and late design elements. It’s a confusing and trying-to-be-too-many-things-to-too-many different people sort of design. The result is there is no solid single design to get excited about. It is just a good solid looking design, but not a radical new design. Someone said it nicely: Think latest Mustang, which takes the original legendary design and truly puts a new spin on it. And in many ways actually looks better and cleaner than the original design.
a. The front end certainly has the signature fender ridges, but the effect comes across as just an-add on. Seriously, you could take any of the existing Ford trucks with their flat fronts and graft on a ridge atop each fender and put in round headlights and it would look Bronco-like. Which is what this looks like. Which is o.k., but the message is immediately obvious that it is just a heavily rebadged current design and nothing new. Kind of a little disappointment trace thought that creeps into the first assessment.
b. The rear end looks like a 3rd generation Bronco rear end, or maybe a mid-generation Pathfinder. Possibly the slab-shaped tailgate area is the signature late model design element that triggers this visual recognition saying, hey, that does not look like a Bronco. The sloping top with slightly rounded corners just re-affirms the 3rd generation look. Which is still o.k., but when you then see the front, which is clearly early Bronco, and the back, which is clearly a late model design, the mind immediately concludes that the design some sort of bad mash-up: The front makes early Bronco fans happy and the rear makes late model Bronco fans happy.
c. The fender flare thing really needs to mature. There has to be a laterally horizontal surface in there, like add-on fender flares of early Broncos, or it looks too much like the puffy fender flares they put on many SUVs, especially cross-overs, just to make the wheel wells look muscular and beefy like some sort of modular four-wheel-drive wannbe.
d. The slanting B-pillar element screams 2nd generation and late model Bronco. Which further confuses the eye when you trace forward and see the distinctly non-late model front. Yet the sides are slab-sided like and early Bronco. Very confusing visually. Very Pathfinder like in the aggregate. I have to say this slanting pillar is the biggest visual hang-up for me.
e. The bumpers are too complicated appearing. They should be simple and monolithic. No design strips or rounded tucks except in a more refined and unobtrusive sort of way as no doubt necessary for modern safety.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Like I said a few months ago, especially after looking at this rendering. The full size guys want theirs, the early bronco guys want ours. I'm afraid Ford will make something in between that neither group will like.

Lawndart

Loc.
The 4x4 3.2 TDCI (diesel / manual ) Ranger I just driven in Germany .........

all for 36k Euro ... YES ... give me that !( it did have lil over 1500km on it )

Ugh, looks like the result of a Taco and Avalanche affair. Please no.

PConsidineJr

Toyota tried that with the FJ and it is now gone.

I get that, I meant it as more of an option. It'd be cool to be able to get a 2 door, 2 full doors + 2 half doors, or 4 full doors. Like the F series trucks. I'm not sure what the new ranger cab options will be, if it's like the current Ranger in Australia it comes in those cab configurations. I have also seen the sales number of 4 door to 2 door Jeeps and I think Ford has to have a full 4 door option. personally I'd be down with the 2 full + 2 half.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
I see no Avalanche....

Looks a little like a 'Yota....

to all fairness .... the ausy Ranger came out +2 years before the Tacoma.

yes ...put a new yota next to it and the front is very similar ! ( I have sales brochures In German ... if you guys like I can scan and post them ?! )

and yes they also come in a 4-door / 2door w. long bed :) and Raptor :p

now in euro 99% are sold w. manual gearbox and most are diesel ... I was impressed by the 3.2 TD ...plenty of power and top speed !

Attachments

• ford-ranger-2015-australia-(13).jpg
    ford-ranger-2015-australia-(13).jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 43
  • ford-ranger-2015-australia-(2).jpg
    ford-ranger-2015-australia-(2).jpg
    83 KB · Views: 45
  • Ford-Ranger.jpg
    Ford-Ranger.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 44
  • ranger-blue-savage-3_orig.jpg
    ranger-blue-savage-3_orig.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Ford_Ranger_Raptor_aftermarket_in_Thailand-1.jpg
    Ford_Ranger_Raptor_aftermarket_in_Thailand-1.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 2018-ford-ranger-raptor-price.jpg
    2018-ford-ranger-raptor-price.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 2010_ford_ranger_4x4_wildtrak_04-4d4bfeaa4eed7-930x584.jpg
    2010_ford_ranger_4x4_wildtrak_04-4d4bfeaa4eed7-930x584.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 2010_ford_ranger_4x4_wildtrak_02-4d4bfeabb3f9e-1417x1062.jpg
    2010_ford_ranger_4x4_wildtrak_02-4d4bfeabb3f9e-1417x1062.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 48
  • ford-ranger-by-tickford.jpg
    ford-ranger-by-tickford.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 44
  • ford-ranger-by-tickford5.jpg
    ford-ranger-by-tickford5.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 42
  • ford-ranger-pickup-spy-australia.jpg
    ford-ranger-pickup-spy-australia.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 47

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If i want a Taco I'll buy one, did actually, good little truck, but very unforgiving of dents.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
google 6g and get to their website and this, I'd buy it:

index.php

It has most elements, 2 dr, raised hood edge, flared fenders ala a cut EB, size looks right, looks to be solid front axle