• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Driver's door

smontague

Loc.
columbus ohio
I have a 66 1/2 cab early sept.build did a frame off and the driver side door drops but of course the other door is fine. The bottom of the door not on the hinge side sticks out a bit would this be a frame problem?

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Can you move the door up and down when it s open.
Maybe the pins are worn in the door and they have rebuild kits. The driver door is used a lot more than the pass side

OP
OP
S

smontague

Loc.
columbus ohio
I can move the door up when open in order to close it.the window frame is snug on the windshield frame.also the bottom of the door comes in a bit on the bottom at the front quarter panel

SHX669

Bronco Guru
A few years ago We did some extensive body work on an early '67 and an early '68 both drivers door openings were welded " uneven from the factory. If I remember correctly the openings front to back from front post to back door post were wider at the top than at the bottom . The '67 was off twice as far as the '68 -approaching 1/4".
I'm not saying that is your issue but it is one thing to look into.

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Hi,
My 66 has been on the road most of it's life and the sheet metal on the door shell where the hinges attach flexes and causes this problem for me. ONE day I'll fab a big "L Bracket" for inside the door to fix this problem. For now, it's lift and gently slam.
Good luck and keep us posted!