• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

West Texas Offroad - turnaround time?

OP
OP
bsquared

bsquared

Contributor
Thx B2 for the pics! What type of PS box are you running?

You bet Crawdad,
a 4x4x2 box I got from someone on the site. I was hoping it wouldn't need a rebuild, but it sure enough did. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions. Good luck with the install! B2

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hey,

I believe my turnaround time was 13 days. (Or, it would have been had I been home when it made its way back to Indy.)

The box was cleaned and painted, with a nice Redneck Ram sticker on the box.

Although I don't have immediate plans to install ram assist, I went ahead an had the box drilled, tapped and fitted/plugged. Removing and shipping was a pain, so I figured it would be a lot cheaper to prepare for it.

Matt and Billie were great to work with.

I reinstalled the box on Saturday. I believe it is bled well. I haven't hit the street with it, though... The box is the last part of the steering that hasn't been rebuilt or replaced. I'm anxious to see how it drives.

West Texas Offroad is highly recommended.

Jeff

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I got mine back in about 2 weeks. I wasn't in a rush so I wasn't counting the days. I went from the 6 turns to 4. I left the pitman arm off so I can bleed the system, then I will bolt it back up. It was cleaned and painted so it is ready to bolt back in.

I was amazed at how tight the system is now with just the wheel to the box connected since the other box I pulled out had a ton of play in it. Should be fun to drive now.

You might double-check on the availability of the 4 turn upgrade before sending off your box if that is something you think you want. Billie made it sound like I may have gotten one of the last 4 turn kits. They are getting crap from their supplier that they will need to order these kits in quantities of 50 or more. For a smaller business, that is a chunk of capital to lay out with a slow turn around to recover their costs.