• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bailie Bilt cage & BC media console

BroncoChicken

Long shot, but is anyone running a Bailie Bilt family cage with the BC media console/wiper cover? From looking at pictures I think it will fit, but I’m a tad worried about the gussets for the windshield stiffeners hitting. Thanks.

Tim

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Call Gordon and tell what your plans are, he'll tell you if it will fit or not.

OP
OP
BroncoChicken

BroncoChicken

The media console is already mounted. Initially tried to get a cage from “there,” but have spent a few months waiting on an “in stock” item, so I ordered a Bailie Bilt today.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Long shot, but is anyone running a Bailie Bilt family cage with the BC media console/wiper cover? From looking at pictures I think it will fit, but I’m a tad worried about the gussets for the windshield stiffeners hitting. Thanks.

Tim

Maybe someone has used it.... Good luck sir

HB73

Tim
I have their media console mounted with a Protofab if that's of any help. No stiffeners though.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

bchesley

I am curious about a fit also. I ended up using a Wild Horses cover for a soft top and really wish I went with the BC. I want to put speakers in the front and the BC cover just a seems like the most logical place. The other cover works and is nice but there is barely even a spot to mount an interior light. I can take some measurements if you want. I have the Bailie cage.

OP
OP
BroncoChicken

BroncoChicken

I am curious about a fit also. I ended up using a Wild Horses cover for a soft top and really wish I went with the BC. I want to put speakers in the front and the BC cover just a seems like the most logical place. The other cover works and is nice but there is barely even a spot to mount an interior light. I can take some measurements if you want. I have the Bailie cage.

That would be great. I’d like to know how far the gussets are from the windshield frame, width between the legs, and distance between the holes for the windshield braces. Thanks!

Tim

OP
OP
BroncoChicken

BroncoChicken

*UPDATE*
The cage and media console/wiper cover almost fit. The gussets on the front of the cage to attach windshield supports do hit the wiper cover, but I think some trimming will fix it. More info as progress is made.