• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Detroit International Auto Show - Bronco?

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I'll be going to the autoshow this Saturday...I'll keep my eyes out for the Bronco and post up pics if I see anything! Anyone else going feel free to contribute to the thread!

sk1nw4lk3r

I'll be going to the autoshow this Saturday...I'll keep my eyes out for the Bronco and post up pics if I see anything! Anyone else going feel free to contribute to the thread!

I'll be there at some point, but we won't be seeing a Bronco.

Joe473

Nothing on the Bronco.. I think it it will now be a mid 20 or 21 release if they have yet to unveil it. Big news is the GT500 and a newly redesigned explorer that we haven't heard much about until recently. Oddly the new explorer has many of the features touted for the new bronco.... did ford get cold feet over the summer and rebadge the new bronco a next gen explorer and go back to the drawing board on the Bronco??

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Nothing on the Bronco.. I think it it will now be a mid 20 or 21 release if they have yet to unveil it. Big news is the GT500 and a newly redesigned explorer that we haven't heard much about until recently. Oddly the new explorer has many of the features touted for the new bronco.... did ford get cold feet over the summer and rebadge the new bronco a next gen explorer and go back to the drawing board on the Bronco??

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That's what I'm thinking, maybe no Bronco at all %)

Ford was on the national news last night regarding teaming up with Volkswagon to build trucks, engines or both?

Enjoy the show. I haven't been in a couple of years.

elan

Loc.
s
And another example of how Ford management has lost their minds. I live one mile from a VW dealer and never do I see new VW's (paper plates) being driven around here.
Also, the Ford dealer is across the street from the VW dealer. Since Ford made the genius idea to stop putting V8's in Expeditions I never see new ones being driven.
What I do see is new large GM SUV's with V8's being driven around the area.

77Bronco636

I was working at COBO yesterday and checked the show out while I was there.....nothing on the Bronco this year. The ranger is there in 3 platforms (ranger is pretty cool) have the raptor there, the GT500, a GT, and then the basic explore and normal stuff. The ford display is pretty cool though......
I am going to say I am very impressed the the Gladiator and hope Ford takes notice of what they are competing with (heck even KIA has some 4x4 SUV's running around)....
The show is small this year (about half the size of previous years) but Ford, Chevy, and Chrysler have some very nice displays this year....
Anyone that attends should enjoy the show, just be aware it is smaller this year....

Orig93gt

The suspense......... I just hope after all this time it’s not a rebadged escape. I want to see a solid front axle, and removable roof at minimum. But make an off-road package that includes lockers and a higher gear ratios like the rubicon and ford will be giving J**p a run for their money

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Anyone that attends should enjoy the show, just be aware it is smaller this year....
Mercedes, Audi, BMW, and several others didn't attend NAIAS this year - they all went to CES in Vegas instead. This and other reasons are why NAIAS is moving to June next year.

77Bronco636

Mercedes, Audi, BMW, and several others didn't attend NAIAS this year - they all went to CES in Vegas instead. This and other reasons are why NAIAS is moving to June next year.

Yup....will be a year and a half till we have another auto show....but it should be better and include some outdoor activities (test rides on the parking deck and such).....and hopefully they will unvail the new Bronco then (fingers crossed)!!!

sk1nw4lk3r

And another example of how Ford management has lost their minds. I live one mile from a VW dealer and never do I see new VW's (paper plates) being driven around here.
Also, the Ford dealer is across the street from the VW dealer. Since Ford made the genius idea to stop putting V8's in Expeditions I never see new ones being driven.
What I do see is new large GM SUV's with V8's being driven around the area.

I am a Sales Manager at a Ford dealer... we sell plenty of Expeditions. Previously, from about 2008-2012, if we kept 1 or 2 Expeditions on the lot, it was enough. We have about 20 of them now, and we sell them ten fold over what we'd done in the past decade.

Between that 3.5 Ecoboost, and the aluminum body, it's a winning combination. More HP, torque, towing capacity, and fuel economy than any previous Expedition ever offered. Not to mention more available amenities. They're great trucks.

OP
OP
rydog1130

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Well no broncos so I stopped at the Graveyard on the way down to get my bronco fix. Overall, I wasn't super impressed with show I only took a handful of pictures.

IMG_9746.jpg

IMG_9826.jpg IMG_9838.jpg

Mahindra had a space and I know these have been talked about here but they have a fully boxed tube frame and turbo diesel available. I didn't know it but theyre making them in Michigan.
IMG_9889.jpg

IMG_9898.jpg

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Is the GT500 just another rebadged and more expensive mustang with some software to make the engine more powerful than last year ?

Don’t see much big deal about that

It’s a hoot to see how the car makers purposefully reduce the engine power for the first couple of years so they can claim more power next year
Remember when ford crushed the down pipe on the 7.3 on purpose ?

And how does an aftermarket company like Borla design an exhaust in less than 90 days that adds 40 HP , and ford or GM or dodge couldn’t figure that out in the six years they spent designing the vehicle ?