• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I need to make some doors for my door inserts

jn2630

Loc.
Silverthorne, CO
I think I asked about this a while back, but I am wanting to make some soft doors for my inserts. I have a set of plain old regular doors but my body is a little tweaked and I couldn't get them to fit right at all. Seems like the windsheild is tilted back farther than stock, and I think its been hit near the hinge plate on the passenger side.

That being said, I'm not sure the soft door kit would fit either.. I really want to make some doors for this thing, that are custom fit. I guess I'm on here for some ideas, like what materials might I use, how could I hang them? how could I latch them ect. Maybe some of you have done this, I would love to hear from you if you have.

Matt_brianna

Loc.
Rapid City
I used some large washers between the windshield frame and the dash to force the frame forward. As for the doors, I picked up some 5/16 threaded rod and some nuts and washers that I ran out from the hinge surface back to my inserts. Then I used 1 inch square tube on the ends of the threaded rod. That made an adjustable surface that I could put right up against the insert. If my doors were stronger I could probably hang from them. I wonder if I could link a picture.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Best way to get the ws frame back to the right position is to install braces to your cage if you have a front cage. Soft top or bikini top will pull the frame back every time!

justjeff51

Loc.
Metropolis
I was thinking about this myself. I was looking at making a cardboard cutout design that will fit the space and use some round stock, torch, and a welder. I've clamped a old rotor hub to a table in the past and heated up thin stock with a propane torch then bent it into the shape I needed. That's how I thought I would build the frames. Then I could cover them with some canvas like material.