• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Efi code help

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
I have a 351w tied to a c4 trans, bcb adapter with rjm and a9s.... everything has been running fine with the setup for about 8 months but now I am getting an intermittent check engine light while driving... it kind of surges while the light is on... I ran a koeo test and got all the soft codes that rjm says is normal but I did get an additional cm code 63 (TP voltage to low) Is there a way to test the TPS first, before buying a new one... all my sensors were used when I converted over to EFI and I assume that I will be replacing them eventually I just don't want to throw parts at it... Thanx

firehawk

Loc.
Clawson, Michigan
Those can be adjusted slightly but as long as you have the correct voltage going to it, it probably needs to be replaced assuming the wiring is fine.

BRONCO26

Loc.
SENOIA
You should have 5 volts on one wire, one is a ground and the other should have I think between . 50 volts to 1.00 volts with key on at closed throttle. Hope this helps

OP
OP
tatersalad

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
codes

I unplugged it and hooked up a multimeter set at 20k ohms and it seemed fine throughout the range, no bouncing around... ran another koeo and got code 11 pass... I then ran a koer and got codes 12 (rpm high) and 26 (maf out of range)
going for a test drive next.....

ransil

Bronco Guru
a dead spot in the TPS is hard to see , a good multi meter with a min/max will help catch any dead spots.

any good junker always grabs spares when cursing the yards..

OP
OP
tatersalad

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
It ran fine on the way to work this morning, but it seems to not act up unless it is warm outside.... I grabbed 3 of eveything need for the swap as i was going to convert a 75 beater to efi before I tackled it on my restored rig, but then the oil shaft on the restored rig snapped, I did'nt catch it in time and I sold the 75 for some cash to do this rig.. The problem is all those extra parts are currently about 100 miles away.. I don't mind putting new sensors on once they start acting up I just want to make sure I am not replacing the wrong ones... : )