• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AOD Shifter options

igottastanger

Just getting ideas on what everyone is using for a shifter when doing an aod swap. Id like to keep the shifter on the column so i can have leg room, but do i have a choice?

kc15842

Loc.
Lake Elsinore, Ca
I still use the stock column. I swapped the stock lever coming out of the trans to a lever that can be clocked in a variety of locations. The only issue is the indicator is slightly off.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
I still use the stock column. I swapped the stock lever coming out of the trans to a lever that can be clocked in a variety of locations. The only issue is the indicator is slightly off.
Got pics?
What adjustable lever did you use?

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I used the lokar or ididit cable shifter kit.

- Had to make some mods to make it fit on the column inside the engine compartment.

-Kind of a PITA to get adjusted correctly.

-I thought the BC column selector (for aod) was for my stock colum,n but it is for the idiit column so you will keep your PRND21.

BI