• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

72 ford bronco

G

Hey there I am looking at buying a 72 ford Bronco, it has a 302 with a V8 and a 3 speed linkage onthe floor, its pretty straight and has the normal amount rust for a older Bronc, the guy is asking 3200 and I offered 2500 cash, is it a good deal?????? help???? ?:?

OP
OP
G

Rust is scary I agree, but its not really bad, and the fenders havent been cut out either. Come on guys, I need some more help here.... I am not a dumb girl, but its beeen a while since Ive done car shopping for an older rig and I need the experts on here to give me there honest to god opinion....it counts :)

OP
OP
G

[quote author=SteveL link=board=5;threadid=8106;start=0#57397 date=1029559854]<br>what areas have the rust? Door posts are a PITA to change, as to some surface rust is easier.<br>[/quote]<br><br>seems to located in the rear wear the back seats would go. it all stock and its definitely a fixer upper, is it to much $$$$$$$ I dont want to waste his time or mine

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
how is it mechanically? If it runs good I would go for it and fix the body up over time. Better to be in a rusty eb than a j**p. Log in and try the chat room. There will probably be some people in there in a little bit.

luvmybronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ashland, Oh
For 2500.00 I would buy any Bronco that was able to drive on the road, safely...If it runs good, and no major holes anywhere, I'd buy it...Make sure everything works, like all turn signals, lights, ect. The wiring can be a nightmare to fix, unless you put in a new kit...Also, look for leaks...Small leaks are common, but if you burn a quart of oil a week, look somewhere else...Next, become a member to this site... ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
G

[quote author=SteveL link=board=5;threadid=8106;start=0#57400 date=1029560304]<br>how is it mechanically? If it runs good I would go for it and fix the body up over time. Better to be in a rusty eb than a j**p. Log in and try the chat room. There will probably be some people in there in a little bit.<br>[/quote]<br><br>thanks to all who replied ;D ;D ;D ;D

Draper69

Loc.
Oroville Ca.
Thats how much I got for mine (3200) and i got ripped a new one. I wish I would have had the hindsight to see that. I wish I could have thought of offering him 2500, but I thought, I dont want to piss this guy off. He's great for getting me such a good deal. In reality mine was only worth 2000 but I know better and I love my bronco anyway.

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
Watch the rust in the floor boards and the door posts. Also watch the rust begond the rear fenderwells. Otherwise I would say if it is mechanically in good shape go for it. $2500 is pretty cheap in the Bay Area, I've seen rust holes with bad rings and no syncros sell for $4500.

thesnake

Bronco Guru
I believe it would be okay, I also agree with the 2500.<br><br>snake