Bronco Hut    

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ
 Link Back to CB!
 600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat

Old 07/13/18, 12:56 PM   #1
edgeoffroad04

NE Ohio

My Gallery
Headlight Adjustment Issues

Hey Guys, since owning my Bronco I have always had issues aiming my headlights. I do have all of the adjustment screws along with the spring in the cups behind the head lights. I would adjust to the correct location and then drive the Bronco on or off road and find my headlights have adjusted out of position.

Maybe I am missing something here..Last Fall I ordered some new stock headlight adjuster screws and found as I adjusted these the plastic grommet that "holds" the screw in place to the grille would pull out of its aattchment to the grille causing the lights to fall out of alignment.

Hopefully some of this makes sense. Does anyone have any advice for a fixing this or a preferred adjustment screw set from a specific vendor that is strong enough to hold the headlights in place?

Thanks!

73' Bronco Explorer, roush 302, hedman headers, C4, PS, PB, Dana 20 w/ Twin Sticks, D44 w/ Discs , with JD extreme shock hoops, Bilstein Shocks, 4 core radiator, Extreme 6 cage, Deavers 3.5" super flex springs(w/ 6 degree shims), BFG MTs ,35's W/ open 4.10s
edgeoffroad04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/13/18, 02:55 PM   #2
edgeoffroad04

NE Ohio

My Gallery
Sorry guys can the site admins move this to Bronco Tech?

73' Bronco Explorer, roush 302, hedman headers, C4, PS, PB, Dana 20 w/ Twin Sticks, D44 w/ Discs , with JD extreme shock hoops, Bilstein Shocks, 4 core radiator, Extreme 6 cage, Deavers 3.5" super flex springs(w/ 6 degree shims), BFG MTs ,35's W/ open 4.10s
Old 07/13/18, 09:01 PM   #3
DirtDonk
Contributor
Bronco Guru

San Jose, CA
While we're waiting for it to get moved, might as well talk about it.
I've never had a light come out of adjustment before. On ANY vehicle. So no experience in that regard, but it seems like there are only so many things that can go wrong with a headlight bucket. And most never go wrong.

Got any pics of these offending units from the inside (lamp removed)?
And when doing the adjustments, do you think they could be slipping inside the retaining rings? Do they fit well?

Good luck.

Paul

'71 Wagon, 3.5" WH, F150 disc brakes and steering, 4.11 33x11.50 Thornbirds, Kayline soft top, Hanson bumpers. "Built, not bought"

'68 LUBR, 2.5 + 1 WH, 31x10.50, 4.56, Explorer and 4R70w by EFI Guy, WH disc brakes, Hanson front bumper, Warn winch. "Bought, not built"

www.wildhorses4x4.com
DirtDonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/14/18, 09:33 AM   #4
Broncobowsher
Total hack

Adapt and overcome

Maricopa, AZ
So the plastic that the adjusters screwed into failed and that caused the headlights to go out of alignment?
And they were ALL new parts. At this point I can't say if it was a bad or incorrect screw, bad plastic, or mis-installed. Those are the 3 options as I see it.

Mine have always just worked, never had to deal with replacing any parts.

"She's built like a steakhouse but she handles like a bistro"-Zapp Brannigan
“How hard can it be?”-Clarksonius 4th century BC.
Full throttle, it either solves the problem or ends the suspense.
Broncobowsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/14/18, 01:17 PM   #5
Attac
Contributor

St Augustine, Fl
Garage
Are your springs on the buckets
Chuck
Edit: just saw you said new springs. I had missed that sentence.

74 resto mod, 331 Blueprint Engines stroker, 6.5" lift, 37x12.50x15 SSR....,74 project in progress (Charles Bronco), 67 future franken project... 75 resto Mod 306 Sniper EFI(Chandlers Bronco)... another 67 u15 resto in progress. The sickness strong in this one it is..
Attac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/14/18, 03:15 PM   #6
B RON CO
Contributor
Bronco Guru

still workin' on it

Long Island, NY

My Gallery
Garage
Hi, check and see if the metal tab holders the screw heads lock into are not bending. Good luck
B RON CO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07/15/18, 01:53 PM   #7
edgeoffroad04

NE Ohio

My Gallery
Thanks for the recommendations. I will dig further into the buckets and springs.

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat