• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Official Build Thread - Nardo Grey Frame Off

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Looking good! Gonna be nice when your done and cool that your going with a RestoMod build. Stock is cool but RestoMod is better IMHO! ;D

Make it your own! :cool:

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Over budget on an EB build? Never happened before! Looks like the shop guys know what they're doing. What color will you paint it?

Bferrari

Congrats! Looks like you've hit a major milestone with the major panel replacement complete. I know that it was one of the most gratifying accomplishments I had with mine. Looks good and keep us updated!

OP
OP
J

Jc.av8r

Over budget on an EB build? Never happened before! Looks like the shop guys know what they're doing. What color will you paint it?

Randy and his guys at Sargent's Auto Rebuild in Snohomish are amazing. They definitely know their stuff....you get what you pay for, but the body will be stellar once complete.

The plan is to go with Audi Nardo Grey (see here: http://tinyurl.com/qh4pju8 ) for the exterior color, and black line-x on the tub interior, under-body and roll bar. Bumpers and trim will all be classic polished chrome. Should look nice!

BA1125

Did you ever get your bronco painted the Nardo Grey? Interested to see how that color comes out.

OP
OP
J

Jc.av8r

Did you ever get your bronco painted the Nardo Grey? Interested to see how that color comes out.

Update incoming! Bronco was put aside for a while. Got married and stuff so priorities got in the way, but we are back in business!

All of the metal work is pretty much done now so we have a few things to button up and then we can set our eyes on getting the body painted. I will post pics as soon as I can!

OP
OP
J

Jc.av8r

Few pics of the progress with roll bar fab and install, glove box modification, and clean gaps between body panels.

ZyK3u3S.jpg

my9X2Nw.jpg

XOlZsJe.jpg

w2hrpkQ.jpg

gAYQVNY.jpg

wNlSXGG.jpg

Pg6cDqi.jpg

OP
OP
J

Jc.av8r

Some better photos today.

Now that the body is in final stages before line-x and paint, I've decided not to cut the fenders and keep it as is. I had originally wanted a cut EB but with the 2" body lift (needed for new fuel tank and NV3550 tranny) she's just a little too tall to cut the fenders IMO.

This has worked out though, because I love the way she looks now a lot more than I thought I would. Thoughts??

VMXb0Koh.jpg

2jqBBnvh.jpg

9VEgU4Uh.jpg

PzVutEDh.jpg

bvvhgUih.jpg

nA8Azruh.jpg

GNFMZsmh.jpg

0njFOZwh.jpg

doghows72

Bronco Guru
Oh I agree 100% leave it uncut. That will be a very nice rig. Keep at it and keep us posted.

OP
OP
J

Jc.av8r

Thanks guys. I'm definitely excited to get her painted!

Still some money to spend but at least from now on it's a little more predictable.

jbe

You ever paint your Bronco? I too really like the nardo gray and would like to see how it turned out.

OP
OP
J

Jc.av8r

You ever paint your Bronco? I too really like the nardo gray and would like to see how it turned out.

Almost there! Progress is still slow--so much going on at once right now and the Bronco just isn't allowed to be a top priority. We didn't touch it for a while since my last post.

That said, here are some update photos from today. All the metal has now been sanded and she's pretty much ready for paint.

lRHzora.jpg

7m68O5n.jpg

ewWwEfj.jpg

TenCvsq.jpg

ufn4Ydv.jpg

OP
OP
J

Jc.av8r

Doesn't look like much since last time but all filler and shaping work is done and we've got doors/fenders and body off the frame again. Pretty much ready for primer and paint. I can't wait to see the body finished and get to work on parts and assembly.

Hoping to have her on the road again sometime this summer, but time will tell.

mUwzMZn.jpg

6hdinel.jpg

qgEb44h.jpg

OP
OP
J

Jc.av8r

Nearly 3 years in and we are finally ready to start painting. Final blocking this week.

Can't wait to see the body finished....scope creep is running deep I just want this project to be done!

kegHByO.jpg

C8LLIoD.jpg

YMA8z8X.jpg

vWW5Uh9.jpg

tOopfcW.jpg

OP
OP
J

Jc.av8r

Finally got the body painted...the Nardo Grey looks fantastic. I'll have some more photos soon. Here's a tease...

msTim7t.jpg

psTvRUt.jpg

OP
OP
J

Jc.av8r

Here's some more pics. We just need to get the raptor liner down on the inside of the tub and the roll bar, then she starts going back together. Feels so, so good to turn this corner.

Let me know what you guys think of the color. Changes a lot depending on the lighting. I am really happy with the choice and can't wait to see it altogether.

bWMLmVuh.jpg

DIpKZxkh.jpg

ugthmi2h.jpg

uZMRL7sh.jpg

OP
OP
J

Jc.av8r

Bed liner sprayed on the tub, tailgate, and roll bar. Just need to paint the fender flares then we put her back together!

cWfWdjv.jpg

IEdXsfp.jpg

rK4SKMv.jpg

gvwBJBF.jpg

bH21D4W.jpg