• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pulley issue

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Probably water pump bearings going out. That makes noise and the pulley wobble. Take the belt(s) off and check.

And Ford used a LOT of different pulleys. Was common to have different pulleys, dampers, and even different timings covers just by having an option like ac

OP
OP
kaw550

kaw550

Bronco Guru
It could be the water pump. Its only a couple years old so I assumed it was fine. There doesn't seem to be any play

I would probably need another pulley to confirm.

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, Listen to each belt driven part with a stethoscope or a long screwdriver. Remove the belt (s) and start the engine. Spin each belt driven part by hand. Good luck

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
It could be the water pump. Its only a couple years old so I assumed it was fine. There doesn't seem to be any play

I would probably need another pulley to confirm.

If it's one of the cheap lifetime warranty ones from the autozone /oriely type stores failing in 2 years wouldn't be a surprise.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
If it is a Ford pulley it will have a part number on it. Do a search for it by part number, It may help or post what part number your looking for. Ford was a bastard about various sets of pulleys. For the most part you can't mix and match.