• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What grade of fuel to you run

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm a big fan of stabil as an additive for storage even just a few weeks, and water.

Anyone try that additive which supposed to minimize effects of ethanol? I really think it's just a water remover, maybe a little stuff to protect rubber parts?

JT3357

I use Lucas Oil Safeguard Ethanol Fuel Conditioner with Stabilizer in my Bronco and my 57 Chevy. I guess it works. I’ve used it for several years now and haven’t had any fuel related issues (knock on wood). I try to remember to add some everytime I fill up. My Bronco has a stock 302 wth an Edelbrock 4bbl and MSD ignition. I run 93 octane E10. Too much of a hassle to get ethanol free near me.

Remos69

Contributor
Loc.
SW Florida
I normally use between E45 to E50.5 and unlike the rest of the posts, the longer in the tank (barrel) the better! Miles per liter sucks though...����

Ethanol free fuel is easy to find here in Florida as is salt and humidity...... Take the good with the bad.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
The politicians know better than anyone else in my state so we are forced to use E-10.:mad:

You have honest politicians in your state, they stay bought when paid for.
The farm lobby loves selling as much corn as feeds a family of four for a year just to fill an SUV fuel tank one time and shows their appreciation with $$$$$$$$.

sriha

We use SeaFoam as a stabilizer, Stabil made our small engines run like crap after sitting so we switched.

White Knight

Contributor
Fuel

I have a crate 302, SVO aluminum heads, E303 Cam and it runs great on regular 89

rmk57

Chevron 94 in my 170-6cyl. Bump the timing up to 12-13 degrees, I think it picked up 5 hp!;D

Timmy390

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
In the Bronco 87 10% Eth I know I know.....I ran pure gas back when I had a carb due to all the issues I was having with the Eth gas but now that I'm EFI, no issues with the 10% stuff

In all my small engines I run pure gas 87

The Shelby get 91 pure gas. If I could find higher that 91 that was pure I would run it.

Tim