• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1969 Bronco Original Color-VIN Decoder

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
You're reading it wrong. First, you need to look at the tabs at the bottom of the page and click on 1969. Second, when you are looking at the correct page, the left side is specific to the VIN Number and the right side is specific to the VIN plate. As far as I know, you can't get the paint color from the VIN Number.

U15NLD08142

U15 - Series
N - 289 Engine
L - Michigan
D - Build Month*

Not sure how to reconcile build month. It looks like maybe your D should be an F ... Either you typed the wrong letter in or the decoder is incorrect. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
G

Glredmanii

Thank you. After I click on 1969, my color "1" isn't listed nor is the DSO "42."

Is there another way to find out what the original color was?

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I thought calypso coral was 3 for the years it was offered? I'm seeing 42 as Fargo. Post up a pic of your warranty plate if you can. Sure it's not a 68'?