• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Master Picture List of Original Colors

OP
OP
hammer

hammer

Bronco Guru
So I'm trying to put this together but am in no way a expert in the field. Do you figure that every color on the ford truck charts was avaliable on a bronco? Can't believe how hard some of these are to find. I really want to find a royal maroon pic.

OP
OP
hammer

hammer

Bronco Guru
Meduim Lime Metallic

Attachments

• medium lime metallic.jpg
    medium lime metallic.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 1,035

johnmlebel

Bronco Guru
this needs to be stickied or moved to the faqs so i can stop searching everytime i look for a color

OP
OP
hammer

hammer

Bronco Guru
this needs to be stickied or moved to the faqs so i can stop searching everytime i look for a color

I'd like it to get stickied for the time being just so I can get some help finishing it.

Spot

Loc.
Seattle
Great post!

I can’t tell the difference between Marlin, Acapulco, Bahama & Astra blue. My 40 year-old fade could be any of those.

76SPORT

Glenn Green

This color is Glenn Green.

Attachments

• DSC00776.JPG
    DSC00776.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 1,056

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Great post! Only suggestion I have is that it would be nice to have the year and factory code for each sample. Some colors had different codes for different years and some colors had different names during different years.

Post #15 is my 1974 Ranger color code R and it is the original paint.

OP
OP
hammer

hammer

Bronco Guru
Great post! Only suggestion I have is that it would be nice to have the year and factory code for each sample. Some colors had different codes for different years and some colors had different names during different years.

Post #15 is my 1974 Ranger color code R and it is the original paint.

Good idea. When i have some spare time I'll go back and add them.

OP
OP
hammer

hammer

Bronco Guru
Lunar Green

Attachments

• Lunar Green.JPG
    Lunar Green.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 592

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great post, the code for mine is U on the VIN decal, its a 74. On the 74 Ford truck PPG paint chart its listed as "Limestone Green Poly", I have another Ford chart that has it named "Medium Lime Metallic", both the same color and code just named different. Now all we need is for everyone to post the VIN color code and year beside their Bronco.

Attachments

• bronco pics 038.jpg
    bronco pics 038.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 445

Bronco

Loc.
Mountain View, CA
This color (and bronco) was posted earlier but the pic didn't represent the color well.

1975 Medium Green Glow Poly VIN Code W

Attachments

• green bronco.jpg
    green bronco.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 610

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I thought mine was Bahema Blue but I see that Grabber Blue and Marlin Blue look the same. What color is it? When I had it painted I asked for paint code i.

Attachments

• BLUBUCKAROO.jpg
    BLUBUCKAROO.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 585
Last edited by a moderator:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So I'm trying to put this together but am in no way a expert in the field.

In the immortal words of Yoda, Senior Jedi Master, "You will be."

Do you figure that every color on the ford truck charts was avaliable on a bronco? Can't believe how hard some of these are to find. I really want to find a royal maroon pic.

If Ford stayed true to form, then yes, I'd say that not only did they not offer all paint colors on the Broncos, but probably used different names for at least some of them between the truck and Bronco lines.
It'd be a typical plan to mess with our minds.

Paul

KDML

1970 Paint Code N

Norway Green

Attachments

• Norway.JPG
    Norway.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 677