• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Has the bronco well dried up?

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Blubuckaroo.... all those fancy EB's are on your "wet" side of the State where all the money is :( ...our median wage in our County is lower than the starting pay at most places over there! We are swamped with multimillion dollar second homes in the hills around us...

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Blubuckaroo.... all those fancy EB's are on your "wet" side of the State where all the money is :( ...our median wage in our County is lower than the starting pay at most places over there! We are swamped with multimillion dollar second homes in the hills around us...

The big problem is that you can't get those owners to drive their pretty cars unless it's a sunny day. Heck, I know a few that don't even own a hard top.?:?

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
I spent the better part of a year combing through forums, searchtempest, ebay, etc etc.
Usually while eating breakfast at 4am EST. Had members from here look at around 10 local to them and I went and saw maybe 20 myself all over the SouthEast.

I only ended up with mine after a member here contacted me and offered it up. He wasn't interested in sending it to a shop/flip/etc and he had what I was looking for. It was never going to be advertised.

And I paid a fair market value for it; we both knew what it would bring on the open market. But holy hell was fair market well above the combined total of my previous 2 Broncos.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Just think of all those still out there that owners don't do internet.

Several around here that don't.

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach

There's a 70 on the Mobile CL for $5,500. Talked to the guy this morning, and he has owned it since 72! Guy from MS is supposed to pick it up today though! You????

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
There's a 70 on the Mobile CL for $5,500. Talked to the guy this morning, and he has owned it since 72! Guy from MS is supposed to pick it up today though! You????

the well hasn't dried up! it's just that now every time one pops up for sale it's like...

Attachments

• mine.jpg
    mine.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 74

67RT

Bronco Guru
So have all the unrestored, inexpensive, basic broncos been found? Has demand surpassed the supply? Seems like the for sale section on this site has gotten cold and craigslist and local papers only have $50,000 trucks or rust piles for $5K. Thanks to the inter net everyone knows what they are worth and everyone thinks they can get $40K because one sold for that a Barrett Jackson. LOL I saw a totally rusted out, non running, no title, POS bronco for sale on craigslist for $7500 and the guy mentioned in the ad that with a little work it could be a $30K rig!! I guess I should consider myself lucky that I have what I have a paid what I did years ago.

Nope! You can buy mine this spring..

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

Not Gene I'm sure....

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco

Nawp not I.

OP
OP
ep67bro

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD

Let me know!

Glad to see that I am not the only one that thinks it has gotten crazy. I remember one of the reasons I got into broncos was because they were cheap to buy and cheap to work on. I had messed with early Mustangs and they got stupid expensive to buy. So the broncos were the next best thing.

67RT

Bronco Guru

Let me know!

Glad to see that I am not the only one that thinks it has gotten crazy. I remember one of the reasons I got into broncos was because they were cheap to buy and cheap to work on. I had messed with early Mustangs and they got stupid expensive to buy. So the broncos were the next best thing.

Someone on this site is coming to look at it next week..Haven't really advertised it. Salt still on roads and all but if money is good it will go earlier. No rush as I am good with $$. Just want it to get used as I maybe put 100 miles on it last year.

gavindg

Loc.
Westlake Village
My 2nd Favorite to a Bronco was the Land Rover Defender and man has those prices sky rocketed. I wonder if the Bronco will follow suite?

Anyone have one on here or have experience with them?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
My 2nd Favorite to a Bronco was the Land Rover Defender and man has those prices sky rocketed. I wonder if the Bronco will follow suite?

Anyone have one on here or have experience with them?

already has sky rocketed for broncos... craziness

bronco loco

It never ends
Loc.
Long Island New York
The prices are the reason why now I'm looking into Toyota Land Cruisers. Found one 1992 fj62 with 3fmotor and h55f 5 speed tranny. It is a 1992 fj62. I'm also looking at the 70 series. I'm going to enjoy my Bronco this summer and may put it on the market late this year.

pipeline010

Defender 90s have always been insane. They started high and stayed there.

Land Cruisers are ok but my prediction for the next mover is the jeep grand wagoneer.

[note: while looking for a photo i just found an article from bloomburg agreeing with me].

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...e-time-to-buy-a-1984-1991-jeep-grand-wagoneer

Also my wife watches some Netflix show about some family in the 80s where everyone is either dying or crying and the father drives a wagoneer....it's apparently an immensely popular show..

If I had a garage with space and an extra 10k I'd grab one of these for sure.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Defenders of the 90's are now easily importable, over 25 years so it will be interesting to see where the market goes with them. They might not be NAS (North American spec) but there a lot of them all over the world. I wouldn't mine a nice left hand drive diesel.

gavindg

Loc.
Westlake Village
The prices are the reason why now I'm looking into Toyota Land Cruisers. Found one 1992 fj62 with 3fmotor and h55f 5 speed tranny. It is a 1992 fj62. I'm also looking at the 70 series. I'm going to enjoy my Bronco this summer and may put it on the market late this year.

I see Land Cruisers creeping up out here, but of course since there a Toyota, most hold their value from the beginning pretty well

gavindg

Loc.
Westlake Village
Defenders of the 90's are now easily importable, over 25 years so it will be interesting to see where the market goes with them. They might not be NAS (North American spec) but there a lot of them all over the world. I wouldn't mine a nice left hand drive diesel.

Correct and that is the key to holding the value is the NAS. My buddy is working with East Coast Defender that is not buying them and modernizing them like some guys have with EB's.

Check out - eastcoastdefender.com

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru

Those might be your best chance to find one that is not priced out of reach, since they are not being exposed to all the hype.
That is if the owner is not one of those that would rather have it rust away in their yard than see someone else have it.