• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 1967 V8 Roadster

Status
Not open for further replies.

House

Minutia Militia
I am considering selling my 1967 V8 Roadster. In 1967 there were 199 V8's built, with only 32 being Poppy Red. Mine was unfortunately painted over the Poppy Red once in a non stock two tone scheme, but is straight, rust free, and all original sheet metal. Many accessories were added when new, including a full complement of Shelby K Code HiPo 289 parts bought directly from Ford, almost the entire Ford Accessory Brochure items including Cobra tachometer, dash handle, Rotunda compass, rear view mirror, second side mirror, and more. Also added were a roll bar and fender flares from Holman and Moody-Stroppe, along with black steel 15x8 wheels from Motor Rim & Wheel. All parts are present. Runs and drives great, needs a light tune and new tires.

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    251 KB · Views: 701
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    239 KB · Views: 594
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 584
  • 10_14.jpg
    10_14.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 688
Last edited:
OP
OP
House

House

Minutia Militia
The three vintage pics above were taken in 1967.
I am the third owner.

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
I remember when you got that! I wanted it then, and I want it now. GLWTS. Post more pics, like the engine bay and dash.

OP
OP
House

House

Minutia Militia
The dash has some round gauges cut into the radio spot. An uncut replacement is included.

OP
OP
House

House

Minutia Militia
Thanks Chris, you should really buy this one.
Here are a few pics I will give small explanations to help with:

Real Shelby Cobra parts all installed in 1967. HiPo heads, Autolite 4100, Dual point distributor, etc.
All original floor sheet metal
Two original mirrors
Original speaker grille
Original Cobra tachometer
FoMoCo hitch with Rotunda ball
Rotunda dash compass
YES, 57k miles since new
Stroppe padded steering wheel, Duffy shifter, Shelby TCase handle

It's not cheap, and it needs some sprucing up, but really, are there any better ones out there for sale?

Attachments

• compass.jpg
    compass.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 413
  • ball.jpg
    ball.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 230
  • tach.jpg
    tach.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 227
  • speaker.jpg
    speaker.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 206
  • mirror.jpg
    mirror.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 211
  • floor2.jpg
    floor2.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 237
  • floor1.jpg
    floor1.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 230
  • engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 270
  • steering.jpg
    steering.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 278
  • speedo.jpg
    speedo.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I love your Roadster, House. It's loaded with vintage components and is very well preserved. Does the girl in the first picture come with it? She looks to have a real attitude! I love it! (Bet she doesn't look like that now.) I would love your U13, but it's not good timing for me now..GLWTS!

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Killer vintage pics, House. Good luck with the sale. What a beauty!

OP
OP
House

House

Minutia Militia
Thanks guys. There are a dozen or so more vintage pics too.
I will pass along the entire rigs life history, and the original owners contact information also.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This thing is awesome. I've seen it in person. I'd say repaint it and run it as is....sympathetic resto...

75Denver

House: I keep coming back to this thread thinking how awesome it would be driving this up in the mtns, roadster doors, and windshield down. So sick!! My '67 Shelby lap belts would be a perfect fit for this. Real question: what's next?!?

OP
OP
House

House

Minutia Militia
Thanks Brody, yeah those belts would be a sweet addition. It does have all 4 correct 1967 belts though! :cool:

OP
OP
House

House

Minutia Militia
This is a cut and paste from an email I typed earlier, but here is the story:

The original owner was the Parts Manager for Hollywood Ford then Cort Fox Ford. They demo'd a 66 Roadster but he said it was horribly underpowered with the straight six. When word came out they were putting in a 289 from the factory he started saving his money. He ordered it to his specs in April of '67 from a buddy that was the Fleet Manager at California Motors in Glendale because they could give him a better deal than Cort Fox would. In the two months he waited for it from the factory he rounded up all of the new Shelby HiPo 289 parts. He went to California Motors when the truck showed up and pulled it off the carrier himself, skipping the detail and delivery steps. With 50 miles on the odometer he swapped the heads, carb, air cleaner, valve covers, and breather with the Shelby parts, while the intake manifold came from Offenhauser since their manifold was low enough that he would not have to cut anything out of the hood to clear everything. He then went to Motor Rim and Wheel and bought a set of 15x8 steel wheels, then went to Holman and Moody-Stroppe to get the Gates Commando tires, fender flares, and roll bar. He parked it around the corner and walked in to work for a few months after getting it so he didn't catch too much flack for buying a new truck not from the dealership in which he worked. All of the FoMoCo accessories were then added over a period of time since he just ordered one or so at a time out of the 1967 Accessories Brochure. He used it for four wheeling adventures in the Sierras and SoCal deserts with his wife, family, and friends for the next few years, then moved to Quincy CA up in the Northern Sierras in 1970 to be the Parts Manager at the Ford dealer there, Quincy Motor Sales. He soon realized that the WhitCo soft top that he installed was not going to cut it in "snow country", and he needed a pickup to haul firewood in, so he sold his beloved red roadster to a friend of the Sales Manager. It still has Quincy Motor Sales license plate frames on it.
Shortly thereafter, the second owner moved from Quincy to Santa Cruz, where they frequented Pismo Beach and travelled to Sand Mtn. NV. I guess it was quite the hot rod 4x4 back in the day with the HiPo 289. He added headers, traction bars, winch bumper, and swapped the Dana 30 out for the newer stronger Dana 44 to keep putting Jeeps in their place, BEHIND the little red roadster. Some time in the early 80's they packed up in Santa Cruz and moved to Etna, CA. The Bronco was getting pretty faded, the top was tore up, and the owner had some time on his hands, so he decided it was time to "spruce up" the old Bronco. He bolted a hard top on it, bolted some Toyota highback seats in it, and decided it needed a paint job. No bodywork or rust repair was needed, so they scuffed up the faded red factory paint (Why!?) and applied a super snazzy two tone metallic blue and charcoal paint job on it. It never got used too much (in it's entire life really) and finally found itself hibernating in a basement garage under a tarp for years until I brought it home on a chilly winter day a few years ago with 57k miles on the clock.

Last edited:

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I just call it good reading!!!

Great to have the history so you dont have some goofball saying it was factory installed and you also dont have people saying it's "just some po modz"

OP
OP
House

House

Minutia Militia
Thanks guys.
I hope if finds a good home to someone that will appreciate it for it's personal history also,
not just the fact that it is 1 of 32 1967 V8 Poppy Red Roadsters. ;)

OP
OP
House

House

Minutia Militia
Even though it never had California Motors plate frames on it since it didn't
hit the lot or go through the customer delivery procedure, I have sourced one
licence plate frame for it that I will include in the sale.
Here is a pic of the uncut dash I will also include. It will need to be painted
low gloss Light Parchment to be correct, only if you decide that
you don't like the metallic grey dash with three gauges in it now...
Lastly is a pic of the November 1966 date stamp on the radiator.

Attachments

• frame.jpg
    frame.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 59
  • dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 82
  • radiator.jpg
    radiator.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 73
OP
OP
House

House

Minutia Militia
A few requests have been made to see the bottoms of the front floors.
For your viewing pleasure:

Attachments

• floorseam2.jpg
    floorseam2.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 57
  • floorseam1.jpg
    floorseam1.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 68
  • passfloor.jpg
    passfloor.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 65
  • drfloor.jpg
    drfloor.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 67
OP
OP
House

House

Minutia Militia
Here are the original upholstery front seats.
Driver bottom needs help.
Rear is nicest.

Attachments

• drseat.jpg
    drseat.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 61
  • passseat.jpg
    passseat.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 57
OP
OP
House

House

Minutia Militia
Has Stroppe style dual shock mounts on the front, but most likely Duff or K Bar S
added by the second owner to keep the Dana 44 planted to the ground.
Still single shock on the rear.

Attachments

• shocks.jpg
    shocks.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 64
  • rearshock.jpg
    rearshock.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 51
Status
Not open for further replies.