• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rescue a rusty half cab for $2500? - Some photos added

Techstudent

Loc.
Missoula
Made the mistake of stopping to ask about a Bronco and the guy will sell for $2500.

69 half cab, 3 on the tree, 302 and plow set up.
Quite rusty and, particularly, where the cab meets the bed. It's a major project but uncut and all there.

Already have one project Bronco but the half cabs are sweet! I passed up on a rusty Sport model for $500 many years ago and still regret it so wondering if this will be the same scenario? %)

Last edited:

Jaxgtc

I am a sucker for the half cab too - always wanted one. You know what you are getting into, which is nice. Even if you tarp it and stick it away for down the road you probably won't regret it.
Maybe a nicely restored plow has some value? I live in FL, what would I know.
Good luck.

Nemisus

Loc.
North Bay, CA
If I were in your shoes and had the 2500 and was even thinking about it I'd do it. Of course I have an 8 year boy that I'd secure this project for because I know he'd go nuts over it.

One regret you might able to accept... ask yourself if a 2nd regret is acceptable? I know its only a Bronco, but how often do these Half Cabs present themselves?

Good luck.

OP
OP
Techstudent

Techstudent

Loc.
Missoula
That's the dilemma. In my years of looking at old iron I have yet to come across a half cab for sale or at a price that's even approachable. It will set me back some but think I'll try to scrape the cash together somehow.

I'll probably get on it this week and will post photos (as she sits) if it happens!

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Well, here's the way i look at it. If you don't buy it and later regret it, there is not much you can do. If you do buy it and regret it, you always have the option of selling it. If it's all there, buy it......

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
Just buy it. Better to regret something you did do rather than something you did not do!

Seriously, get it and if you want to keep cost down just get it mechanically sound, and drive it the way it is. I swear, they are more fun that way anyhow!

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
I hate to see you all tore up about this Bronco and your gonna want to thank me later, but you can send me the address to the truck and I'll go get it. I'll probably regret it also but I'm willing to do this for you. Ken:)

CopperRanger

Bronco Guru
Well, here's the way i look at it. If you don't buy it and later regret it, there is not much you can do. If you do buy it and regret it, you always have the option of selling it. If it's all there, buy it......

This right here, do it before someone else does.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
That's the dilemma. In my years of looking at old iron I have yet to come across a half cab for sale or at a price that's even approachable. It will set me back some but think I'll try to scrape the cash together somehow.

I'll probably get on it this week and will post photos (as she sits) if it happens!

Nice.. Best of luck

OP
OP
Techstudent

Techstudent

Loc.
Missoula
Thanks for the input guys. Might run up and inspect again today. I'll try to snap a photo.

It was a plow-rig so rust is pretty well into it.
Into the striker/door post which was disconcerting.

metal1

Loc.
hidesert ,socal
saw a 1/2 cab on a portable parking rig as we were heads down Cajon pass last week it was a rusting pile of 1/2 cab sheet metal that looked pretty complete but someone thought it was worth shipping it into the LA area . when I bought mine it had a full hard top on it but the guy had a 1/2 cab that went with it and after getting it home and running the vin #`s it is a u14 .the orig owner went to a lot of work to install the full top using all the correct hard ware ,the only bad part was when we loaded it up we could not find the bulk head divider ,had all the bolts .so don't pass up a full top or it just might be a 1/2 cab or even a roadster ;)