Bronco Hut    

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ
 Link Back to CB!
 600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco FAQ > History FAQ

Old 04/30/18, 07:31 PM   #46
kyle
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Stanfield, OR

My Gallery
I would guess not only military went to a gov DSO. Other federal agencies went to that DSO as well?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B95B941F-47F9-4A3C-8D71-8E2F38BCC7B8.jpg (63.1 KB, 18 views)

1968 Uncut: Narrowed HP Dana 44, Disc brakes, NP 435, 2.5 Toms suspension, 31 x 10.50 Mud terrain BFGs on stock wheels.
www.oldfordcrewcabs.com
kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/20/18, 06:09 AM   #47
Tony Honea

wish my grandson was here to figure out how to fill this out

Magnolia, MS 39652
U13 Marti report

If my Marti Report says under Your vehicle was equipped with the following features,- Glassed and Framed Doors- but says nothing about a top does that mean it didn't come with one? Thanks,, I'm just getting started and this forum is a great help.
Tony Honea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/20/18, 06:20 AM   #48
slim811
Contributor

Lock the Hubs!

Wilkes-Barre, PA
eBay: slim811
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Honea View Post
If my Marti Report says under Your vehicle was equipped with the following features,- Glassed and Framed Doors- but says nothing about a top does that mean it didn't come with one? Thanks,, I'm just getting started and this forum is a great help.

Hi Tony and Welcome! You may have a roadster. Are the first 3 VIN digits start with U13?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
slim811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/21/18, 07:57 AM   #49
1strodeo
Contributor
U15 Apprentice

Fix,Drive,Modify,Repeat

Centerville, OH
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyBronco66 View Post
. If you are interested in getting a copy of the information below to share with friends, family, and other Bronco owners,or for your own personal collection please let me know and I will send you a PDF file, copy of this information for you to print.

Great thread!! I would be interested in whatever you are willing to share jnsmassey@gmail.com thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyBronco66 View Post
...With research it was found that these trucks did see use at Wright Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio Rainbow City Army Base, Panama Fort Bragg Army Base, North Carolina Guantanamo Naval Base, Cuba Concord Naval Base, California Keyport Naval Base, Washington. And it is believed that these tucks were in use from 67- the 80ís

I work at Wright-Patt so I may start going on hunting trips on my lunch break

Every time I go to my local yard there are a couple vehicles I just sit and stare at, wishing I could bring them back to life...a USMC Fairlane and an AF Falcon/Econoline van.

I did not realize so many members owned military Broncos, i'd been thinking they were all lost or left overseas to rot. thanks again -Jeff
Attached Images
File Type: jpg USMCFairlane.jpg (154.8 KB, 21 views)

1966 LUBR, 170 3spd, 2.5" SL, 1" BL, 31's Tonko

1972 U15, 302 3spd, 3.5" SL, 1" BL, 35's Frankie
1strodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/29/18, 01:23 PM   #50
Tony Honea

wish my grandson was here to figure out how to fill this out

Magnolia, MS 39652
hey Slim , I just found out how to reply, sorry,, yes it is a U13 roadster and military, I haven't found out which branch it served yet. I have been looking at lots of pics and all the front bumpers I see have curved ends,, mine are straight, aftermarket maybe? I know the previous owner made the back bumper. I listed it with U13roadster web site if you can look at my bumper and see what you think,, thanks
Tony Honea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/29/18, 02:44 PM   #51
okie4570
Contributor
Bronco Guru

NW OK
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Honea View Post
hey Slim , I just found out how to reply, sorry,, yes it is a U13 roadster and military, I haven't found out which branch it served yet. I have been looking at lots of pics and all the front bumpers I see have curved ends,, mine are straight, aftermarket maybe? I know the previous owner made the back bumper. I listed it with U13roadster web site if you can look at my bumper and see what you think,, thanks
I take it that there's not a military ID plaque on the dash? If possible check up under the dash with a flashlight and look up as far as you can see for the original color remaining. If the dash has been swapped or removed for paint, it won't help but that's the most reliable place to find original paint imo. Hopefully there's a military color there still.

1971 U15 302/np435/twin sticks
1966 U14 Born 9/65'
1966 U15 Born 10/65'
1966 U14 Born 9/65'- SOLD
okie4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/13/18, 08:09 PM   #52
Cookcharles121

Is there anyway to get the tag that tell what branch my u13 was in recreated. How do I get more info on this bronco it is a u13 special prided with full doors for the governments
Cookcharles121 is offline   Reply With Quote

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco FAQ > History FAQ