• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 1975 Bronco

Status
Not open for further replies.

jboomer

Loc.
Havelock, NC
I knew the time was coming, but I was never able to do what I hoped with this truck. My wife bought it for me while I was in Iraq in 2007; however, I've only put about 4000 miles on it in that time and never on anything rougher than a gravel road...it spent the majority of its days locked in the garage alone. My days on active duty are coming to an end, I have a family now, and it's time to make some adjustments that are best for all of us now, not just me. So, I'm offering my truck up to someone that will enjoy it more than I was able to.

Here's a description of what I've done to it over the last 7 years:

1. New JBG driver and passenger floor pans,
2. New full upper and windshield cowls,
3. New Inner Fender skirt installed,
4. Rebuilt heater core and box with Chebby motor and fan,
5. Installed a full JGB Standard Flex 3 1/2" suspension lift,
6. Installed 1 " body lift,
7. Installed 33" BFG A/T tires (last December...about 100 miles on them now) on 15" rims,
8. Spray-in SEM bed liner inside to allow easy cleaning,
9. Installed a half cage roll bar,
10. Upgraded to Hydro boost power brakes,
11. Upgraded to Saginaw power steering pump (also last December),
12. Installed new driver/passenger Corbin suspension seats with Corbin mounts,
13. Installed a new/full Centech electrical wiring harness with updated circuit breaker panel,
14. Installed new Bushwacker Dura Flex fender flares,
15. Rebuilt the carburetor,
16. Upgraded to a 23 gal fuel tank with new fuel sender.
17. Installed new drums and ball joints on the front last year,
18. Installed a new Tuffy center console and a CD-player,
19. The red-top OPTIMA was just put in in the last few months.

Obviously there's a ton of little things you do to an old truck over the years that I'm not listing. It has the 302, stock (3.50, I think?) gearing, 3-speed on the column, power steering. 4 wheel drive works fine, but has only been used on occasion and only long enough to verify it still works and to keep the bearings lubed. It still runs great with no smoke. Has no problem starting after being parked for months at a time (I've verified this way too many times unfortunately.).

The bads that I can think of:

1. The paint is about a 5 or 6. I touch up scratches with rattle can. It matches great though.

2. I've done quite a bit of metal replacement, but I'm no body guy. If I made a booger weld, I tried to grind it down so it wouldn't stand out.

3. The truck is solid with very little light surface rust. I tried to stay proactive by treating scratches quickly with paint. I've also painted most of the undercarriage with POR-15 to try and stay ahead of it. My intent was to preserve it until I could afford a chem dip and a frame off. So far, I'm winning, lol.

4. The top doesn't have a headliner any more. I removed it so I could address a couple of rust spots and repaint it a few years back. Never bothered putting a new headliner in it.

5. Edited to add this one. I've been told that the body needs shimmed to help align the doors better. I've tried this, but don't have the patience or knowledge to do it right, so I stopped trying.

That's about all I can think of. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'll snap pics of anything anyone is concerned about. Also, about 23 August I'll be leaving for a few months, so if it doesn't sell by then, it'll get pulled back into the garage and the listing will be reposted around Christmas. Pics to follow.
2-S.jpg

1-M.jpg

3-M.jpg

3-M.jpg

Last edited:

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Thank you for your service to this great country and good luck with the sale.
Good looking rig ..hate you have to sell it but we all gotta do what we gotta do.

Germd

Nice looking truck. GLWS and thank you for your service!

OP
OP
jboomer

jboomer

Loc.
Havelock, NC
This weekend will be my first opportunity to actually show my truck to those that have contacted me, so thought I'd bump this post the top.

Couple of points I wanted to update:

1. Light surface rust means light...I've gone over it with a fine-toothed comb this last week and haven't identified any structural rust. Pretty much a dusting limited to a couple places on the under carriage.

2. I bought some shims last weekend and the doors are almost perfectly aligned now. Not sure why I didn't do it sooner, now its a short-hair from being spot on.

I'd be happy to provide more pics of you're interested.

And "Thank You" to the previous posters!

Reid0225

Hey buddy whats a number that i could contact you at? i'm super interested in your bronco. i live in mississippi its a bit of a drive but i'm looking hard for one, p.s. you had me at RED

OP
OP
jboomer

jboomer

Loc.
Havelock, NC
Thanks for all the compliments and interest from those that have contacted me! Truck sold today to the first person that looked at it!

Status
Not open for further replies.