• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MS 72 Bronco uncut -- Not Mine.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Have to do some serious convincing at that price, lol

asappin

I've been texting the guy about this bronco. Any input on this vehicle? What does everyone think is a good price for this vehicle?

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I've been texting the guy about this bronco. Any input on this vehicle? What does everyone think is a good price for this vehicle?

No top...rusty hood...main seal leaking ...what's behind the rocker covers?

asappin

Not sure. Propably rust. Im going to look at it this weekend.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Look it over good and keep us posted.looks like the floor pans have been
replaced. look under it real good there! Also no boot cover over that wonky shifter .(heat..engine noise n smell like right there )

BTW where are you located?

Last edited:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

Give it a good once over before making any decisions...

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
It's the same ol' case of "none in this price range" syndrome. EB owners with mediocre trucks see the rising prices and overlook the cost associated with the work needed on theirs (usually why they are selling them themselves). The idea that someone could/would pay $7-10k for a core EB and then sink $10-20k into it to make a nice truck isn't realistic for the working man, so why start there unless your price point overall is $7-10k. If so, wait for a good truck in that range that doesn't need a lot of work OR find a similar condition truck for $3-5k and then sink a few $ into it to reach your maximum range.

On this one (and others you may run across), when someone doesn't have doors hung on the truck, that sends up a red flag for me. While the door posts may seem solid and they just want some extra fresh air on their legs, I would really inspect the inside and exterior areas of the posts to see if they could hold doors properly. Secondly, yes, the floors are solid as the seller indicates, BUT they are solid because someone has welded in non-stock sheet metal. Ask yourself if that is something you are willing to accept and also inspect that they didn't just weld these pans in over top of the old rusty floors (moisture and mud trappers). Finally, like mentioned earlier, the rocker covers 99.9% of the time show that there is rust in them. Inspect inner and outer rockers (ask to unscrew the covers if seriously interested) but keep this equation in mind:

replaced floors + no doors + rocker covers = rust issues

As Bajafresh75 says in his signature: If you can't afford a good Bronco, you certainly can't afford a bad one.

Just my thoughts, Mac

asappin

I looked it over and test drove it. Runs good but will need a new shifter kit since the one in it is homemade. Lots of rust in the bed and looks like the whole back pan needs to be cut out and replaced. The doors are in very good condition but the door posts are missing the back plate for mounting the doors on. I offered 5 but he didn't take it. Going to keep looking.

I am located in Ridgeland.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Pretty good lil jump there you made to offer a more then decent price for it.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I looked it over and test drove it. Runs good but will need a new shifter kit since the one in it is homemade. Lots of rust in the bed and looks like the whole back pan needs to be cut out and replaced. The doors are in very good condition but the door posts are missing the back plate for mounting the doors on. I offered 5 but he didn't take it. Going to keep looking.

I am located in Ridgeland.

Good idea, know what you can spend and just move on.. Go dluck