• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 1977 Bronco, Very nice condition, great driver; price drop 12/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

achrs44

I bought this Bronco in January 2014 from another forum member. He did a great job advertising the Bronco and took nice pictures so I have built my ad on top of his. The words from his ad are in black with my additions or changes in red. $16,500 is for cash sale, sign and drive, title clear and in hand. :D(asking price lowered to $16,500 December 12):)

I bought the truck in October 2013 (I purchased from forum member in January 2014) and have decided I really like having a Bronco, but want ‘an original' like many here at Classic Broncos have. I will not represent my truck as 'original' as it was previously cut and it has been repainted.

Truck Information

I bought the truck from an individual in Denver, Colorado and drove it home 1,000 miles to Houston, Texas without issue. (I had it shipped via truck to me from TX to MS). The prior owner bought the truck from a 'good friend' in 2012 and was daily driving it until sold to me. Per the prior owner the 'good friend' received the truck as a graduation gift in the early 1990s at which time the truck was made uncut again, was painted and the motor was rebuilt.

The prior owner did a fair amount of maintenance in the last 6 months before I bought it including new brake system (power booster, master cylinder, front & rear pads/shoes), new front seals, upper and lower ball joints, new fuel pump, carb rebuild and radiator flush and reseal. I have receipts from the prior owner totaling $2,085.51 for this work. So far I've only had to change the oil and filter and replace an exhaust donut gasket.

Since I've had it I've been cleaning and assessing what I have. I have cleaned some underneath and recently started on the interior. I have not cleaned the engine bay except for a quick wipe down (I have cleaned the engine bay well and it always receives compliments) and I have not polished the paint. One item of note on the paint is there is a color variation between the rear quarter panels and the rest of the truck. Not sure why this is but I expect it has to do with the prep work when the fenders were returned to uncut. It is more noticeable in the shade than the sun. (I enjoy detailing vehicles so I have polished the Bronco several times. The color variation is apparent, though I find that I say something about it before anyone looking at the truck mentions it.)

Truck has 302 V8 with Holley Carb, Edelbrock intake, automatic transmission, power steering, power brakes, 3.50 rear axle. Ranger package interior is tan in color. Passenger seat cover is ripped and needs to be replaced. Driver seat cover is in okay condition but I would replace with passenger. (Both the passenger and driver seat covers have been replaced and look wonderful. Some additional foam was used where the foam had deteriorated or was damaged. Replacement pieces shown in photos loose as well as installed). Rear seat is very clean and door panels and rear interior panels are in good condition. Carpet is good after a thorough cleaning. Currently I have the interior fully stripped with the exception of the drivers seat and door panels but can put back together in a few hours if desired. (Fully reassembled and is beautiful; the PO really cleaned the tub including glue residue from the carpet). Truck comes with Ford dealer AC which operates/blows, just not cold. (I had the AC serviced and it blew cold, and was very nice, for about 4 days. Still blows fine but no longer cold; must leak refrigerant somewhere but I haven’t bothered taking it back to dye test for a leak because I’m a windows down type of guy)

Rust issues I've found include driver floor pan seam, back rear corner floor, driver lower door post, upper inner fenders near firewall (this has been repaired but could have been cleaned up better) and rear quarter panel seams. Pictures of all of these areas are included below. (I have this Bronco to preserve, enjoy, and drive, not to restore.)

I (PO) have started a build thread at the below link that has a number of detailed pictures. You can find it here - http://classicbroncos.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=235107

Below are pictures and Marti report is also attached. I tried to capture as many pictures as I could so the condition of the truck is represented fairly.

Since purchasing this Bronco, I have driven it about 70% of the time. I have several other vehicles but “Orangey” as my girls have named the Bronco starts every time, has 4 seatbelts, doesn’t leak, and is just one of those cars that makes you happy for some reason. The doors close solidly, the typical tailgate/back glass squeaks are there, the windows roll up and down and the vent windows function correctly. The exterior has the stock appearance and the interior is like new and comfortable. Every gas stop becomes a car show and a trip to dinner or Wal Mart turns into memory lane for a person or two who must tell you their Early Bronco story.

Excellent interior
Decent exterior
Excellent wagon top
Good tires
Good brakes
Good exhaust
All lighting, gauges work, fuel gauge registers correctly for both tanks
Both tanks are solid and pump correctly
AM radio correct and gives me a power noise but doesn’t work

Please follow these links for other threads concerning the Bronco:
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=1302045
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=1301657
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235776
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235107

New pictures:
20ii4gi.jpg

n53n9h.jpg

21ls683.jpg

kevtzk.jpg

1425w6d.jpg

33fgkus.jpg

aql44.jpg

sg1m6b.jpg

dnop3b.jpg

23vjk05.jpg

2rxbt6c.jpg

oqzl79.jpg

bip24p.jpg

15rnvyp.jpg

206czk1.jpg

25syade.jpg

2a6l4m0.jpg

2poxtur.jpg

nfky8o.jpg

245lxed.jpg

2587b78.jpg

hu50rr.jpg
iqy6jd.jpg

2d3x8l.jpg

291g5sm.jpg

343manp.jpg

2nve9o8.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

achrs44

Asking price drop to $18,000/OBO on Nov. 10. Call and discuss. Thanks, Chris

OP
OP
A

achrs44

Asking price drop to $16,500/OBO on December 12. I will return call if you leave a message or you may text and we can work out a convenient talking time. 601-527-9161 Thanks, Chris

Last edited:

Dave K.

Ahhhhh, where were you when I was looking for a Bronco--she's a beauty. Good price too.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Man I really like this Bronco!! If only the ole lady understood!

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great looking truck, just about what I am looking for. Too bad its not closer to VA.

OP
OP
A

achrs44

Thanks for all of the interest, calls, and messages.
Located in Meridian, MS.

Markcwtrt

Nice truck and I am interested in learning more about it. Can you tell me if the rear diff is a posi trac? Also, I didn't catch why you are selling the vehicle. Are you looking for a different style or color?

I live in Hawaii and am 5 hours behind your time zone. Please give me a call at your convenience so I can learn more about your Orangey!

Mark 808-265-9580

OP
OP
A

achrs44

Sold and headed to Utah. Hope the new owners have a wonderful, safe trip home. I'm missing Orangey already.....

TX SS

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
Congrats Chris. From Colorado to Texas to Mississippi and now to Utah.

Status
Not open for further replies.