• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA Hard top nut plates

Status
Not open for further replies.

slow poke

Loc.
SF Bay Area
I am helping a friend restore a beautiful 1971 uncut Bronco. The nut plates that secure the lift gate to the hard top were in very poor condition so I had some new ones made. I had 4 sets of nut plates made as the cost was only a bit more for 4 sets than 1 set. If anyone would like a set please let me know. These have 14-20 nutserts and were made by a local sheet metal shop. There are 2 plates included. Flat rate shipping is $6.70 anywhere in the US. I looking to get $20 shipped. I have 3 sets left.

Picture to follow.....

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here's the part in question...

Bronco nut plates (Large).jpg

Paul

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
I'll take a set slow poke, just give me until about 4:30 to confirm that I don't already have some...sometimes i don't know what I got til I know what I'm lookin at ;)

OP
OP
S

slow poke

Loc.
SF Bay Area
Paul, thanks for helping with the pictures. All sets have been sold...sorry for those that did not get any. I would be happy to get more made if there is interest. I would need to make them in sets of 5 or more to make any sense.

David.

slim811

Contributor
Please place me on a reorder list. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Got them today Dave looks like a perfect match thanks!

Another bonus: I can leave them right where they are until I’m ready to use, unlike other stuff I buy because it’s a good deal then when I’m ready to use I can’t find the damn thing!!!!

Attachments

• B8705B2C-3DB6-4DD0-B078-8771F1F76B90.jpg
    B8705B2C-3DB6-4DD0-B078-8771F1F76B90.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 106

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
...unlike other stuff I buy because it’s a good deal then when I’m ready to use I can’t find the damn thing!!!!

Wait! You mean I'm not the only one that this happens to? Phew... Now I'm not so alone.
You hear that Dave? You's guys'r gonna hafta stop haranguing me about that one of these days.
But hey, at least I didn't buy a set of these here nut plates before anyone else!

I'd say they are a good deal though. Especially if you can't find your old ones.
I wonder if they're the same as the rusty ones in my Ford camper shell on the pickup?;)

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I forgot to ask slow poke. Are those plated or otherwise protected (stainless?)? Or should they be painted before using?

Thanks

Paul

ppetersjr68

Looks like there's at least 5 of us on the waiting list.
Sure would be nice of you to reorder for us....;D

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Got them today Dave looks like a perfect match thanks!

Another bonus: I can leave them right where they are until I’m ready to use, unlike other stuff I buy because it’s a good deal then when I’m ready to use I can’t find the damn thing!!!!

Wait! You mean I'm not the only one that this happens to? Phew... Now I'm not so alone.
You hear that Dave? You's guys'r gonna hafta stop haranguing me about that one of these days.

Case in point, installed the hardtop yesterday and this morning I'm taking inventory of liftgate parts, vaguely remembered this thread so searched for it on my page...glad I didn't go looking for these nut plates!! ;D%);D thanks again Dave

Attachments

• nutPlates.jpg
    nutPlates.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 42
Status
Not open for further replies.