• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Options to Cover / Close Radio Cut Out on Dash

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
The PO did a sizable radio hack on the dash. I'd like to take the radio out and completely patch / cover the cut out before I paint the dash. I'd rather not replace the dash and wondering what the options are. thank you.

IMG_2317 2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2317.jpg
    IMG_2317.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 69

Millercorey

Speaking from experience - the retro sound plate powder coated to match the dash looks like ass and I’m very displeased with that choice. Now that it’s already powder coated I can’t try to weld it up so either I suck it up or just go back to the early 2000s bro look of a best buy CD player in the giant rectangular hole in my dash

Attachments

• 14493E86-805E-47F0-959E-ED0BE0A9AF28.jpg
    14493E86-805E-47F0-959E-ED0BE0A9AF28.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:

Hotrodjohn

Both my Broncos were original with no radio (which also didn't have the 4 screw holes around the speaker area of dash) and both had been cut for a radio later, and now both have been welded up, grinded and repainted so they look original.

txtruk15

Contributor
Loc.
Highland Village, TX
Speaking from experience - the retro sound plate powder coated to match the dash looks like ass and I’m very displeased with that choice. Now that it’s already powder coated I can’t try to weld it up so either I suck it up or just go back to the early 2000s bro look of a best buy CD player in the giant rectangular hole in my dash

dude that sucks when the powder coat match doesn't quite work, it bugs you every time you get in your ride. hmm, wonder if you just make it into a cubby hole and put a recessed bucket in there lol. Of course, that's probably what your glove box is for....

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
I would flange it and weld in a patch and finish it with filler/glaze and paint. Never know it was there. Ken

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
Get a piece of stainless polish it up and us it to 1. cover the stereo hole. 2. as a place to mount your after market gauges.

Attachments

• gauges in radio hole.jpg
    gauges in radio hole.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 62