• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Original uncut rear quarters - sell or keep??

Muddy1966Bronco

Loc.
Central PA
So one of the very few body parts pulled off of Flick that look very restorable are the two uncut rear quarters. They are all original steel and complete from tailight to door opening and include inner fender wells. They have been tucked in a shed for a good ten years with the intent of building a trailer to tow behind my Bronco. But the trailer might or might not happen and I’ve been kicking around the idea of selling them to finance Flicks build.

Is this original steel worth much? Or do people just prefer to get a nice clean new panel? Is putting original uncut ‘69 quarters into a trailer some kind of Bronco sacrilege? Just trying to get a feel of what to do.

Thanks in advance!

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
The OEM sheet metal as a rule fits better than the repro stuff, so it is more valuable than new parts.

rmk57

The OEM sheet metal as a rule fits better than the repro stuff, so it is more valuable than new parts.

I agree 100% there. The body lines are usually much crisper with the oem panels than the offshore stuff. As long as there solid and not caved in most restorers would rather start with original parts.

chuckyb

Contributor
If the condition is as you say then they would be worth something for the right type of restoration.

OP
OP
Muddy1966Bronco

Muddy1966Bronco

Loc.
Central PA
I’ll get pictures of them. They are a little buried at the moment, but I should have attached pictures when asking this question. I guess in my mind if I could get enough to finance a new or very good condition family roll bar...or something of that value, that would be worth parting. But if they are only worth a couple hundred, I think I’d rather keep them for awhile longer. Thanks everyone so far for your input.