• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA Bronco advice

Jtcugar

Looking at this 77 for myself. Looks like a really solid bronco! It says the title is “salvaged” due to being stolen. My question is why would they Salvage a title if it has no accident damage. I’m skeptical on this if someone could shed some light. Also, once a title is salvaged is there anyway to reverse the Salvage title to a clean one? Does anyone know a DMV worker who is “morally flexible”? Haha! Any input that any one has on this bronco is much appreciated, thanks!

Ford Bronco
https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/ford-bronco/6371625765.html

JGO

Contributor
Looking at this 77 for myself. Looks like a really solid bronco! It says the title is “salvaged” due to being stolen. My question is why would they Salvage a title if it has no accident damage. I’m skeptical on this if someone could shed some light. Also, once a title is salvaged is there anyway to reverse the Salvage title to a clean one? Does anyone know a DMV worker who is “morally flexible”? Haha! Any input that any one has on this bronco is much appreciated, thanks!

Ford Bronco
https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/ford-bronco/6371625765.html

They get salvaged for all kinds of reasons including theft. Value swings drastically in my opinion. Bronco's can easily be "restored" using a different title/vin#.

1966tiger

Changing the VIN is a federal offense. Washing a salvage title is nearly impossible to do. in my opinion a salvage title on something as old as this Bronco is,is not that big a deal. A salvage title on a new vehicle with air bags and multiple computer processors is a big deal.

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
Are you buying it to have a driver? Or top shelf resto? That would determine if the title is a big deal. Show quality resto, pass. Building a good fun truck to have, not that big of a deal to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
It would not surprise me if a salvage title is issued every time an insurance company pays off a stolen vehicle since they do every time one is 'totaled' (regardless of how little or much damage is done to it).

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
It would not surprise me if a salvage title is issued every time an insurance company pays off a stolen vehicle since they do every time one is 'totaled' (regardless of how little or much damage is done to it).

that is exactly what i was thinking, good question by the OP as I have never heard of a salvage title due to theft, but if the insurance company paid the owner for loss, then it makes sense. You need to call the local DMV

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

Yeah, you would think so right

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
The bronco is on California . If you are keeping it in California you will need to deal with smog on a 77. That alone would make me pass.my next issue is being a theft recovery. It's a 77 and should have all the goodies but doesn't mention em in the add or pics. Does it still have the ps, pb, front disc brakes or even the dana44? Also all the smog equipment could be stripped off it and tough to replace.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I looked at this Bronco at the WH's swap meet this year and briefly spoke with the Seller.

Having just finished a Frame off on my 71, I was very familiar with the costs of things...

There was no 77 smog equipment, which will make it damn near impossible to get it smog legal in CA. (Even with the Seller saying he could get it smogged)
A new tailgate for $500, plus finding the bits and pieces for the latch.
I had questions about the rust and why a CA rig had it? Thinking about having to go through every component and repairing what might need to be done...
I did not even get to the point of talking about registration issues...

Too many reg flags for $11.500.00, which was the price that day...

OP
OP
J

Jtcugar

Thanks everyone for the helpful info! I think I’m gonna pass on it.