• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco

Mattco

Loc.
Dothan, AL
Found this one the new bronco. I hope it look like this when they build it!

http://www.topspeed.com/trucks/truc...be-a-rebadged-everest-ford-says-ar175667.html

Rumor is that it will be essentially the Ford Everest.

07f2c769d2142c22e3e633df667b758b.jpg

It's an Australian SUV based off the ranger so it fits in being built in the same factory. I wish they would do a two door SUV but odds are that they won't, just rebranding the name again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
Nope. This is a fan rendering. It does have the Blazer look, but that look is like that because the rendering is trying to hit points from all 3-generations of the Bronco.

Mattco

Loc.
Dothan, AL
Ford rep said that it will be instantly recognizable as a Bronco.

I hope it leans more towards the early than the full size since it is being based off the ranger but I still think they will simplify it by bringing molds in. My hope is that it is a two door mid size with some nice styling and reasonable pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jebus

Loc.
Longview, WA
A quote from the OP's article...

"Thankfully, Ford isn’t just reworking the Everest SUV for the U.S. market. “No, it’s a separate vehicle,” Nair said. “It will be an incremental vehicle from the Everest. The Everest kind of serves a lot of off-road capability; maybe the space the Explorer serves here in the U.S., but with a body-on-frame construction with a lot more off-road capability for the rest of the world. This Bronco is completely unique from that Everest. It is body-on-frame and so again, focusing on that off-road capability.”

While the Everest is a great SUV with impressive capability, it would overlap the Ford Explorer’s market here in the U.S., just as Nair mentioned. Introducing such a vehicle would be redundant. Rather, the Bronco will be its own vehicle. What’s more, Nair even named the Jeep Wrangler as one of its competitors. Perhaps this means Ford will develop a dedicated off-road machine that’s actually worthy of the Bronco name."

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Very encouraging.

If it has a decent drive train and a good looking body I am ready to give them my money.

Shut up Ford and take my money.

I'll put a solid axle under the front in a few years anyway....lol

West Tn Dawg

BULLDOG
Loc.
Kenton
I just hope it turns heads like my 74 does!!!!:cool:
I had a cop pull me over Saturday. My daughter and I took the Bronco to Sonic to get a shake. The policeman pulled me over and said another officer had called him and said he had to get over here and see this Bronco. He held me up for over 45 minutes. All the ice in my wife's DC had melted when we got home. I wonder how many of my friends saw me and thought I was getting a ticket? LOL
This is the kind of response I want to see from the new Bronco! My wife should just about be ready for a new car when it comes out!

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I just hope it turns heads like my 74 does!!!!:cool:
I had a cop pull me over Saturday. My daughter and I took the Bronco to Sonic to get a shake. The policeman pulled me over and said another officer had called him and said he had to get over here and see this Bronco. He held me up for over 45 minutes. All the ice in my wife's DC had melted when we got home. I wonder how many of my friends saw me and thought I was getting a ticket? LOL
This is the kind of response I want to see from the new Bronco! My wife should just about be ready for a new car when it comes out!

I hope they compensated you for the melted drinks! :)

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
If it looks like the "s10" bronco in the first post, I won't even ride in one, let alone own one.

Dpearce

I've also heard from a source well connected to Ford that we may see a 4 door version based off the F150 Raptor platform and a 2 door version based off the Ranger chassis. Kind of like the Wrangler 2 and 4 door options, but obviously much better. :)

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I loves me EB, but they have a tall hill to climb to build anything remotely approaching what my Rubicon with some standard suspension mods can do off the showroom floor. Seriously tough competition. I can't see them basing a 2 door off one body style and a 4 door of the Raptor. I walked away from buying a Raptor when I realized it would be nothing more than a really fast pickup with brush scratches down the sides from it being so wide. How many hill climbing Raptors have you seen? None in my years of trail riding in my little old jeep.

If they want to compete, they need to embrace the EB, compete against the Wrangler directly, or it will fail as fast as the Excursion failed, and for the same reason, to big for real 4x4, to small for real Soccer mom use.

West Tn Dawg

BULLDOG
Loc.
Kenton
They nailed it with the retro Mustang. I just hope they get close with the Bronco.
Of all the makers retro cars, the Mustang is the best!