• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another LUBER in the making

OP
OP
warthog70

warthog70

I'm making the C pillars removable so I can hang the top flat on my garage wall when I'm not using it.

The metal work is still very rough but I'm happy with it so far.

p2I5W5T.jpg

0mXt6m9.jpg

0U43LKg.jpg

Last edited:

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Love what you did with the top! You have a very nice ride. Do you plan to come out to the NWBR this year?

OP
OP
warthog70

warthog70

I have never gone but I would like to make down there this year. I moved to Washington a few years ago (mid bronco build) and now that I have it on the road I have been looking for some events to drive too.

Thanks for the kind words

OP
OP
warthog70

warthog70

Getting close to putting my safari top on for the first time. All painted and buffed, used some tintable raptor liner in place of a headliner.

VDUr2qy.jpg

wzO74XH.jpg

Exr2wP7.jpg

Last edited:

Dlish

I really like this build. Great stance between lift and tires.

But, I gotta say your cage scares me. I would never trust the windshield frame and not have a hoop up front.

OP
OP
warthog70

warthog70

I have no expectations that the windshield frame will do anything but crumble into my lap if I do roll it. I don't do any serious off roading and if I do start that is the first thing I would add to the cage.

I have a few vehicles with full cages and I don't like how they constrict the interior. I had a cage save my life once racing in the 24 hours only lemons so I'm aware of the dangers with no front hoop.

https://youtu.be/PRbcf6ZZVoU

Probably not the smartest place to draw the line between safety and comfort. Thanks for the heads up anyway 😀

OP
OP
warthog70

warthog70

Finished the top, I like how it turned out. It's a two man job to take it on and off but only takes a few minutes.

kWXggqc.jpg

qvicPLN.jpg

7cEULDq.jpg

Last edited:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Nice work on that..

Looks great finished.. One good looking rig there.

I'm making the C pillars removable so I can hang the top flat on my garage wall when I'm not using it.

The metal work is still very rough but I'm happy with it so far.

Redbark

That looks outstanding!

Are you pleased with it? Does the top skin flex much when you're driving?

Where did you pick up those clamps that tie the roll bar to the top inner cross bar?

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Very nice job on that rig. Probably a few will pay you the ultimate compliment and copy. We ran the front tubes through the dash for the same reason you deleted them. Cool video. I have a buddy who runs a Ford Courier with a 300 six in the Lemonds series. We live fairly close to Thunder Hills raceway in Colusa CO. Time to go check it out!

OP
OP
warthog70

warthog70

I got the clamps from McMaster-Carr they are $50 each! But you get what you pay for, they work great. I knew that every time I climbed in the Bronco I would look at them so I sprung for some that looked good.

It doesn't flex or rattle. I think the raptor liner for a headliner stiffened up the sheet metal just a little bit.

Thanks for the compliments 😎

c0astie31

Awesome top,

I am in the process of finding a top to do this on mine, looks amazing

OP
OP
warthog70

warthog70

I took my kids for their first ride in the Bronco.
My daughter thinks it's a little loud and windy, my son just wants to go faster.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6sCSivUFrLA

Driving it around on a nice summer weekend for the first time after around four years of work is fun.

OOZ4MLG.jpg

Reminds me of being 16 and just wanting an excuse to drive.

Last edited:

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That deserves a like button!

Attachments

• facebook_like_button_big1.jpg
    facebook_like_button_big1.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 30

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Just found this build thread! Great job on all fronts. Turned out really nice and Love the color! ;D

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Super impressed with ur safari hardtop! I have a spare hardtop I hope to do the same thing to.

heisenbergtsv

Loc.
Taos
Awesome work in your home garage -- including the spot welding. You are saving a truck that was on death's door! Your list of hardware is awesome, but that means the expensive part starts now. Will be great to watch your progress!