• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another LUBER in the making

warthog70

Just bought my first EB. I was looking for a uncut surviver with no rust but turns out they are pretty rare and very expensive. So I lowered my standards to a running EB with little rust that I could turn into what I want.

My plan is to do a ICON wanna be. Uncut, 3.5 lift with extra wheel travel (in the front), Disc brake kit, nv3550, 5.0, Dana 44 with arb in front.

I just hope the wallet can support my dreams

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
First of all, welcome to CB!

Sounds like you have a good build plan. You can get plenty of motivation and encouragement on here. Keep us updated and just so you know, we love pics. :cool:

Techstudent

Loc.
Missoula
Welcome! Some folks at this forum have turned derelicts into beauties so you should get plenty of encouragement and inspiration here.

I also have one that is cut and plan to return it to uncut status. Would love to see some photos! :)

rhino2104

Pics are always welcomed around these parts. Congratulations on your first EB purchase.

OP
OP
warthog70

warthog70

Here is the Warthog

There is this brown metal kind of like moss growing all over this thing. I'm sure you guys have never seen anything like this!

tM2Ijuu.jpg

WvfTEdB.jpg

mZ8QeKI.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
warthog70

warthog70

I'm not sue on the color yet, the Aqua reef is growing on me but I have always loved (BMW) Laguna Seca Blue. Not sure how it would look on a EB

Unknown

Contributor
Man, that's a lot of work in one day:eek:. Seriously, nice start and good luck with the build. The chassis saver is a good idea while you're in there, something I'm going to try to apply this summer.

smokinjoe

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New Braunfels, TX
Awesome, love me some LUBER action ;)

I also am starting my first EB, although I only have chassis and drivetrain. But I'm going to roll w/ a stock suspension and uncut.

Welcome :D

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Welcome aboard... Looks like a good start there. Keep up the good progress.

OP
OP
warthog70

warthog70

flip the tub

Anyone have a good way to flip my tub upside down? Im not looking forward to wire wheeling and painting the underside of the body from creeper.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Better yet, see about putting it on its side. But not physically on its side. I plan to do this on a spare frame. This design spawned by some serious redneck engineering rotates 360 degrees. I believe its 16" steel tubing welded to each body mount. Pure genius IMO!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 262

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Here is another design! I save all these pics but I have a hard time remembering who to give credit to. I think Bax did this one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 279

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Welcome to the fun! Sounds like you have a good plan and your well on your way. Keep us posted.