• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another LUBER in the making

OP
OP
warthog70

warthog70

fj8regk.jpg

Pcb4YeT.jpg

7Vab10U.jpg

Last edited:

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Really nice job on the bumpers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
warthog70

warthog70

The color is Laguna seca blue, 3.5" suspension lift 1" body 33" tires.
Yes that's a years work in few pictures. I'm ready to take it out but I live in Washington just waiting for a break in the rain.

Jc.av8r

Just bought my first EB. I was looking for a uncut surviver with no rust but turns out they are pretty rare and very expensive. So I lowered my standards to a running EB with little rust that I could turn into what I want.

My plan is to do a ICON wanna be. Uncut, 3.5 lift with extra wheel travel (in the front), Disc brake kit, nv3550, 5.0, Dana 44 with arb in front.

I just hope the wallet can support my dreams

Truck looks awesome. Nice work!

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great job on those bumpers, the whole rig for that matter, it looks great. You made the right choice by adding the spare tire mount to the driver side, when on the pass side it creates a really bad blind spot, that is the only complaint I have about the proto fab rear bumper.

OP
OP
warthog70

warthog70

Hard bikini top

My hardtop has some rust and isn't in great shape. My bronco isn't my daily driver so I'm thinking about cutting it down and getting rid of the windows and lift gate. I can also leave my window frames off which I like.

I got a top for $50 rust in the seams and a few dents but not too bad.

9pkgteJ.jpg

Last edited:

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
Hi, I also am also starting my first EB. Mine is cut and plan to return it to uncut status

Great progress so far. Keep the pics coming. Good luck.

gotdads68

Contributor
Awesome job all around! Laguna seca blue is one of my favorite M3 colors and looks great on a Bronco, like a fresher version of harbor blue, good choice.

DonaldDouchebag

Bronco Guru
Beautiful. Did the pipe bender work without kinking your tubing on the bumpers? What did you use to punch the dimpled holes?

OP
OP
warthog70

warthog70

With the cheap bender like the one I have it will kink and dimple the pipe if the side wall is too thin. I have found that as long as its 1/8" or more it bends pretty well. The thicker the better.

The dimple dies, I just drilled out with a hole saw and used a die and my shop press. The dies are kind of pricey. But so are bumpers if you buy them or have someone else make them for you.