• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Confirmed! Bronco to return by 2020!

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Yeah, I think most of us are pretty much done with the discussion now. They will either get it right or get it wrong. The topic is dead to me until they show their hands.

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
I hope:
1. No cowl vents
2. No folding windshield
3. It looks like 66-77's and not the Bronco II
4. Divorced drive train, and a frame strong enough we can bolt aftermarket stuff to it.
5. Keep the rainwater out of the floorboard

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
1. I hope they come back out and say Tasker is in charge of the 2020 Bronco design .

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I really fear it's going to suck. I don't think it will even be a 2 door.

Ryan_M

Loc.
Franklin
This has been posted a few times, we should really try and keep these type of posts in 1 thread.

Heisenberg

Loc.
Orange County
Which 3.0 diesel are they going to put in it, the same that's in a Dodge 1500 eco diesel?

Reading the comments attached to that video everyone is freaking out if it doesn't have a V8. Has anyone test driven the 2.7 liter ecoboost? It is fun.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
It doesn't matter what they come up with it will be $10,000.00 more than a full tilt Ranger pick-up so it will be over $60,000.00. Out of our league for most Bronco owners. It will be either a glorified Explorer or an up-sized Escape with ecoboost. either way too much for too little. Best to wait for a redesigned Land Rover. Might get something you actually want.

Fords hiding out on this one like its going to be a big deal but its not, they just don't want to be judged by the buying public before its launch which may limit sales. Just keep thinking Ford Ranger drive line with Land Rover electronics and traction control options. They can't build it too small or it wont pay for its self. They got to bring in the big bucks or it will be a flop.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Does it matter in any way?

The Bronco II third generation (that is what this is going to be) will never be a classic.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
I volunteer to be in charge of the design....it will resemble a van in pink....;D

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
WORKING design thus far...;D

Attachments

• tasker1.jpg
    tasker1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 93

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Gasp! Methinks I detect a note of sarcasm in this discussion. The real problem here is announcing such an idea years in advance. Almost by definition the final product will be (a) unable to live up to expectations, or (b) will be too expensive to be of any consequence to any of us, or (c) both.