• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

GT40P Heads Where Do They Rate

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I understand alum vs metal advantages, but from a flow/improvement stand point, what are they comparable to?

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Best cast iron cylinder head Ford ever produced for the 302 - only step up is aluminum, like the GT40X cylinder head and the likes of Edlebrock, Trick Flow or AFR etc etc.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
thanks for the link Tim, that is a lot of good info

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
yeah but I was pleasantly surprised on the gt40s, don't see me needing to spend money to upgrade heads for what I am doing. I am building another engine for a project (looking for an f150 or full size bronco) as a driver during hunting season. I had a thread going on building a full size to tow with but you guys talked me out of that)

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
World Products probably makes the best sbf iron head.
But the Ford GT 40 and 40P are probably the best oem iron heads for sbf.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
World Products probably makes the best sbf iron head.
But the Ford GT 40 and 40P are probably the best oem if iron heads for sbf.

yes the numbers and the price of the world product heads are both good.

Timmy390

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
I got a set of GT40P's off a 2001 mountaineer for $30 each. Upgraded the springs and had a local shop clean them up and do a valve job.

The shop work was free (long story) but maybe $600 total in the pair if I was paying.....

Tim