• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Having trouble with CB website pages loading?

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Sorry for the hassle everyone. I'm aware of the problem and have been working on it with my web host. Unfortunately it's not as simple as I first thought.

It looks like the issue is older PHP and mySQL versions that just aren't efficient enough to handle the traffic. But there sre some compatibility issues I need to work out with the forum software first. So early next week I'll be taking the forum down for upgrades, which could take half a day or so. I'll post up first to let everyone know.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
But it did work for me this morning Jon.
It hasn't the three days prior in the morning.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
So early next week I'll be taking the forum down for upgrades, which could take half a day or so. I'll post up first to let everyone know.

Oh no your going to leave us to fend off the pirates by ourselves. We can't handle them. Their going to chew us up and spit us out like sunflower seeds.;D

Thanks for all you do to keep us going. I really appreciate it.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hah! Yeah, but I'll be happy if that half a day results in long term stability for sure.
Signed off in frustration yesterday a little after 1 in the afternoon myself.
Got back on this morning and no problems so far.

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Thanks Jon.. You and the family have a great weekend.

Sorry for the hassle everyone. I'm aware of the problem and have been working on it with my web host. Unfortunately it's not as simple as I first thought.

It looks like the issue is older PHP and mySQL versions that just aren't efficient enough to handle the traffic. But there sre some compatibility issues I need to work out with the forum software first. So early next week I'll be taking the forum down for upgrades, which could take half a day or so. I'll post up first to let everyone know.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Fix is happening tonight YAY

FYI

The forum will go down for maintenance at about 4:00 PM MST today. This should not last longer than 2 hrs. Thanks for your patience

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Fix is happening tonight YAY

FYI

The forum will go down for maintenance at about 4:00 PM MST today. This should not last longer than 2 hrs. Thanks for your patience
Unfortunately not quite yet. This was just to make all the backups needed. I'll start the update tomorrow.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Same Bat Time?

Thanks Jon. Hope it goes as smoothly as can be expected with this kind of stuff.

Paul

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Why are none of my new posts showing up when I click on "new posts"?

This one didn't either....

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Why are none of my new posts showing up when I click on "new posts"?

This one didn't either....
It shouldn't list one of your own posts as new because you've already seen it. The "new posts" is unique to you. It only shows posts that have new activity since the last time you were on the forum. As soon as you look at a post it's no longer "new" so doesn't show up in the "new posts" list until someone else posts something new in it.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think some of the cookies may have gotten their little heads skewered on wrong temporarily.
Along with the above, when I copy-n-past a link to a thread I'm participating in, it doesn't always scroll automatically to the most recent posts. Sometimes it's just taking me back to the beginning of the thread.

Not a big deal, as I can clearly see what's happening and scroll or click to the newest posts. I figure it'll square itself away soon enough, but I mention it anyway in case it's indicative of something else wrong.

Thanks

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Hang in there Jon, you'll get all the bugs worked out....

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
no major issues since last fix..

voting till stuck and get some weird message

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
It shouldn't list one of your own posts as new because you've already seen it. The "new posts" is unique to you. It only shows posts that have new activity since the last time you were on the forum. As soon as you look at a post it's no longer "new" so doesn't show up in the "new posts" list until someone else posts something new in it.

But this is a new thing, yes?

This is not how it was before the update.

If it is an intended outcome of the update then that is fine, I just thought it was just me.