• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Centech wiring harness. Anyone relocate their fuse box?

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I am going to get a new Centech harness. I am thinking about moving the location of the fuse box from the glove box to the dash possibly. I have never been a big fan of the glove box location.
If anyone has done this I would love some ideas and pics of what you did. Was there enough wire to do what you wanted to when you moved it. Any problems or what you would do different. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

ransil

Bronco Guru
I would get a Ron Francis harness

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Timmy390

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
I'm considering it when I do a rewire.

I used a fuse box off a mid 90's Cherokee to wire my EFI. I mounted it on under the hood on the fender hump. Lots of fuse and relay space in one of those boxes. I've got to add another one when I add alight bar any more accessories so considering just using it as the main fuse box for the rewire........

Tim

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
There are quite a few people that have relocated their panel to the dash. Most of them settle on the ashtray as their position of choice I think.
Should be some good pics hereabouts. But the glovebox location actually works out ok compared to Ford's original choice of the floor/firewall near the driver's right foot!

Good luck.

Paul

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Thanks Paul,
I tried a search but was unsuccessful. I know I have seen some somewhere here. I was hoping someone would share a pic, I will try to search again.

1971lubr

Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
I know I've seen them in both the ashtray and speaker location. Try searching thise keywords. The ashtray to me, while cool looking just looks tight to actually work with. The new plastic glove box liners offer a really clean and usable location with no fab required if you ask me. But the centech harness definitely has room to go to the speaker, not positive on the ash tray without modification.

Attachments

• 20170123_085402.jpg
    20170123_085402.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 81
OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I removed my speaker and moved my glove box over to clear my cage. My cage goes through the dash. I was thinking about the ash tray area as well, or maybe next to it. I have not seen a clean install pic yet. I will search those and see what comes up.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
1971lubr,
I do like the way that yours faces instead of on the side of the glove box. I wasn't thinking of it being mounted that direction. I don't mind that at all. Thanks for the pic!

1971lubr

Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
Yes, originally facing the passenger door was tough to reach, even worse after the cage install. Now it's easily accessible. That's the plastic glove box liner from jbg, but I'm sure most vendors have a similar style.

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I assume that is the solid liner and not the one with the hole in the side. How did you mount the fuse box?

bronco t

Contributor
Loc.
San Diego CA
I have the Painless harness sitting in my garage waiting for the procrastinator to install it. My current fuse box (BlueSea) is screwed to the heater box, and is very accessible. I plan on mounting the Painless there as well, but on a bracket between the dash and heater box. Oh, did I mention that my roll bar blocks the glovebox door, and having a fuse box there would be impossible to service.

Attachments

• IMG_1167.jpg
    IMG_1167.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Thats the thing I love about this site. I see ideas that I would have never thought of. Thanks for the picture, I appreciate it.

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I looked that item up on JBG. That is a perfect solution, I just assumed everyone had the same 2 glove box liners. With my glove box moved over it puts it right where the speaker used to be.
Thanks again!