• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dragging both front calipers

73surf

Loc.
USA
Are the rubber lines from the calipers to the hard lines new or reused? I have seen after repeated use the rubber lines swell internally and cause the calipers to drag, ,

OP
OP
B

BucksNBroncs

Loc.
Klamath Falls
No brake return spring under my dash. I Put washers in for spacers but that just pulls the the brake pedal lower so the stroke length doesn't change. Linked to no pedal return spring? I'm lost on that one, can't find a diagram showing a return spring....

Surf, Caliper lines are rubber but I haven't focused on those because both sides have always dragged at same time

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Maybe i am wrong about the spring and stop its been a long time since I was under there. I won't have access to my Bronco until this weekend.

OP
OP
B

BucksNBroncs

Loc.
Klamath Falls
The only way it appears that I can gain the extra stroke is with a longer pushrod. Thanks again Rusty, with your help, I now know where the problem is

OP
OP
B

BucksNBroncs

Loc.
Klamath Falls
Does anyone have a definitive answer to whether there should be a return spring on brake pedal? If not, is it just the MC pushing the push rod back out that returns the brake pedal? That's the way mine seems to function so spacing out the MC away from the firewall only lowered my pedal height. And the push rod still wasn't pushed out far enough to relieve the pressure. Not sure if that makes any sense? I know I'm thoroughly confused

OP
OP
B

BucksNBroncs

Loc.
Klamath Falls
Yes got the problem solved by adding new MC/booster combo from Toms. 20 minute install. And pedal height easily adjusted with the adjustable push rod in the kit