• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Elictrical question

Billsboat

Loc.
Rowlett tx
Prepping for paint. I removed the dash, and of course all switches etc. I was cleaning up some add on wires and testing other wires. I noticed that I no longer have power going to the break light switch. Could this be because I have pulled all the switches off the dash? Turn signals still work. Thanks for any insight! If I messed something up by pulling dash and removing switches it easer to run it down now with out the dash in. Thanks!

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
Prepping for paint. I removed the dash, and of course all switches etc. I was cleaning up some add on wires and testing other wires. I noticed that I no longer have power going to the break light switch. Could this be because I have pulled all the switches off the dash? Turn signals still work. Thanks for any insight! If I messed something up by pulling dash and removing switches it easer to run it down now with out the dash in. Thanks!
Not sure what it could be. I am sure someone will chirp in. Not to change the subject but what color are you gonna paint it?

nickgp

Bronco Guru
The brake warning light grounds to the dash. It should work like before when you re install the dash. Just make sure you scuff the back side so you get a good ground.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Power for the brake lights comes directly from the headlight switch and does not have a fuse.
Also, disconnecting the Black w/yellow wire at the ammeter in the instrument cluster will kill all power to the cabin. And I mean ALL power. Well, except for the side of that wire that goes out to the battery, but everything else is deadsville.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The brake warning light grounds to the dash. It should work like before when you re install the dash. Just make sure you scuff the back side so you get a good ground.

Definitely scuff where some things mount. New paint is nice, but it also makes a darn good isolator that will really mess with you and your electrical progress!

The ground signal that illuminates the Brake Warning lamp temporarily while the key is in the START position is through the ignition switch to the dash. So scuff behind the switch for sure.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's an excellent Bronco color. I like some of the current Jeep colors as well, but that one is like a shade or two off of Grabber/Bahama Blue and I bet it would look slick on an EB.

Paul

OP
OP
B

Billsboat

Loc.
Rowlett tx
That's an excellent Bronco color. I like some of the current Jeep colors as well, but that one is like a shade or two off of Grabber/Bahama Blue and I bet it would look slick on an EB.

Paul
Thanks paul! It's getting closer to be ready for the paint shop. Today I'm welding up/grinding down bolt holes no longer needed