• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

JBG Long Travel Leaf Springs

tailpipe

Contributor
https://shop.broncograveyard.com/mo...-Long-Travel-Leafs-35-inch/productinfo/13255/

I understand you get what you pay for, but why shouldn't I buy these? I have been running WH springs for years and have had no complaints at all. It is time though to step down from the 5.5" lift to a 3.5" for various reasons. Like mentioned, I have no complaints with WH's springs and have always heard good things about Duff's as well, but the price difference is significant enough between these and the various other springs sold by our vendors. So it really begs the question; what's the deal with these springs? For my particular application, we are looking at an off road only vehicle where overall ride quality is not as important as flex and strength off road. Anyone running these now or in the past? If so, I would like to hear your input. Thanks!

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
If I remember correctly JBG has two versions of that leaf spring,

JBG house brand leaf packs
Deaver? Name brand leaf packs

I have read that there is a difference. The Deavers leaf packs flex more and are softer.

No personal experience though. I am a Duff guy.

But I had some linear rate JBG and BC coils for awhile. They seemed identical and they both rode great.

OP
OP
tailpipe

tailpipe

Contributor
Thanks bronconut. I think you are right about Jeff selling Deaver springs. The last thing I want is a stiff, lumber wagon feel, but at half price of other springs it makes it enticing to give them a try.

brewchief

I've got the 3.5" bronco graveyard springs, when I went to get them they pulled both the in house brand and the deavers off the shelf and I compared them, other then the paint markings you couldn't see a difference. That said deaver may very well use a different grade of steel or different heat treat or different process building them that makes them different. Not having tried the deavers I couldn't tell you if there is a difference in flex or ride quality. Mine seem a little firm but no top, no spare and relatively light bumper in the rear along with some old junk shocks makes it hard judge.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk