• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NC Help with first bronco purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammer189

Loc.
South Atlanta
Need more pictures of the interior and floors but it seems a little steep. $$ Wheels don't match and I'm personally not a fan of the 289CI. motor. Looks like primer instead of paint. The biggest thing I learned (too late) from searching for a good bronco is patience! Big question is can you weld and what do you want in the end result? Power brakes, steering? Cut/uncut. Lifted or stock. Mods add up REAL fast so try and buy as close to what you want s you can. Good luck

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
They are asking too much for two little. Keep on shopping. A good runner that is a candidate for restoration is worth 5K tops. There is no such thing in the east as a rust free or a little rust Bronco. Rust is like cockroaches, if you see a little bit of it, there is a whole lot more hiding in the places that you can't see.

Most people would pitch the 289 and go with either a 5.0 or a 351W so the engine is not much of a sell. In all I personally would offer $3500 on that truck and if they did not take it I would walk away.

broncosam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I want to join in and say that don't rush in on any purchase. And, if there is any way at all possible, go check the vehicle out yourself.No way in hell I'll ever buy another with out looking at it personally,even if it meant flying across the country to check it out.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
How much you looking to spend? Runner or something you can fix up.

There are better out there. That one might be worth it if you could get that price down

OP
OP
C

chiznad20

Loc.
Winston Salem NC
Thanks guys for ALL the help. I am from the mini truck world and have seen all the money I put into something and don't get any back. I want to make an investment into something worth while...I thought the price was high. Definitely would go look at it if it was something I was really wanting.

Sprdv1... I am looking to spend around the 4000. Maybe a little more if I need to. Hopefully I can find something in this range.

Again thanks for all the knowledge and help.

pabluni

Loc.
Beaufort NC
You should attend SuperCelebration in Townsend this weekend. 300+ early broncos will be there! some for sell. Not far from you!

65 mustang

Your patients will be worth the wait! your truck will come to you. I would keep looking.

OP
OP
C

chiznad20

Loc.
Winston Salem NC
Found a 76. Has a 302 but does not sound like the engine is running. Has all new floor boards front to back. Previous owner had like 4 broncos and took off the disk breaks and put them on another so it has drums from another one. From the picture body looks good. I am going to look at it this weekend. He is asking 3500. What are the KEY things I definitely need to check over. I will take some pics if you guys could give me some feedback.

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
Rust. Rust. Rust. Corners of the engine bay where the inner fenders meet cowl, check the cowl, inner and outer rockers, rear quarter panel seams, kick panels, bottom of tailgate, and bottom of taillight panels. Almost all have floor pan rust so that shouldn't be a big deal for you. You said he replaced the metal but check and see if the work was done well.

Aside from that, the rest is standard fare. If he says X, Y, Z was rebuilt assume it wasn't unless he has receipts for it. Everything can be rebuilt but for your first one hold out for a good one. Pictures of anything that he calls "restored". As Bajafresh says "if you can't afford a good one you sure can't afford a bad one". Good luck and post pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.