• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MO '75 in KC

dclack

I just saw this over on FTE. Someone in KC ought to go check this out. Quote and link below:

Hi, I inherited a 75 Bronco some years ago after the guy stopped paying storage rent and was up to owing a couple thousand dollars. I haven't heard from him since and it's probably been 10 years. It's in pretty good shape but it has had the fenders cut and flares added. A little inner fender rust on the right side but the left is good. I like Broncos but will probably never get to doing anything with it with so many other projects, and have heard these later 1st series Broncos with V8s etc are the most sought after. 302 V8. Automatic.

I'd be willing to sell it as is with a BOS only as a "parts vehicle", no guarantees at all.

PM me if you are interested. In Kansas City.

Thanks

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1484627-75-bronco.html

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Interesting.. Ole Jordan jumped on that pretty quick.

be difficult to tag/title it probably huh...?

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Interesting.. Ole Jordan jumped on that pretty quick.

Depends on the state and if all the VINs are there.
Since you can't prove the transaction from the owner on the title to yourself.
You almost need to get the VIN, locate the titled owner (if alive), and work out a signature from him too.
If they are deceased, it gets even hairier if the vehicle was included (or the unit) in a will and blah blah blah blah.

Depending on the shape, you might be better off planning to buy this one as a 'donor' and find a rust bucket with documentation to move the VINs off of.

OP
OP
dclack

dclack

Exactly what I was thinking. I see so many craigslist ads that say bill of sale only; I stop reading at that point. None of the local wrecking yards will take a scrap rig without a title; so even if I part it out, how do I get rid of the body and frame?

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Exactly what I was thinking. I see so many craigslist ads that say bill of sale only; I stop reading at that point. None of the local wrecking yards will take a scrap rig without a title; so even if I part it out, how do I get rid of the body and frame?

I just posted a question about this not 5 mins ago in Chat on the new GA member thread...the last several I've seen in GA have been Bill of Sale only. I'm thinking you can register them with BOS?

I lived there a while back and it would not surprise me if true

OP
OP
dclack

dclack

It certainly depends on your state. WA is a PITA! I once bought an impound being sold on ebay by the state of Oregon. It was originally registered in CA; the PO was in jail and OR was selling it. They gave me a BOS and said that would be all I needed to register it. Brought it home and WA said no way! After several calls to OR I had to take the rig back to OR DMV so they could check the VINs and then pay them to issue me an OR title. Then take the OR title to get a WA title. Took a couple months to actually get it registered in WA.

Loc.
Liberal\Claremore
If it is in Kansas, you can get the title in your name with BOS if it is 26yrs or older. All you need is the BOS and an affidavit that you can download at the state DMV.

ATLJrod

Loc.
Orlando, FL
I just posted a question about this not 5 mins ago in Chat on the new GA member thread...the last several I've seen in GA have been Bill of Sale only. I'm thinking you can register them with BOS?

I lived there a while back and it would not surprise me if true

Yep, just bought one and registered in GA. All you need is a BOS and a T-22B form which is basically a police inspection where he runs the VINs to make sure it isn't stolen.

Good thing is you don't have to pay the 7% TAVT tax because it's technically not a titled vehicle.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
If it is in Kansas, you can get the title in your name with BOS if it is 26yrs or older. All you need is the BOS and an affidavit that you can download at the state DMV.

Good to know.. same go for Missouri side..?