• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What's the story behind your handle?

BROwN COw

Might have been done before, but I found myself wondering why, for example, Tasker is called "Tasker". My first Bronco was brown. I called it a Brown-Cow (I know, it's a horse).

What's your story?

WARDOG

Loc.
Graniteville, CA
I was given several handles in the Army in the 1980's.
WARDOG was the least offensive and repeatable.
Carried over to my career in Law Enforcement.
Now retired, but I did too many crazy things when I was working and the handle follows me around.
It is my handle for almost all forums related to Broncos, ATV's, Competetive shooting, Guns & Hunting.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I've always owned something yellow, enough that its kind of become a trade mark, when I built the bronco there was never a question about color.

Glass Pony

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sussex County Delaware
A good friend of mine (Moon) at work named my project after I had my fiberglass body shipped there because we had a loading dock at the plant.
For a decade he would always ask "how's the glass pony coming along?"

He passed away in January 2014.

DeezNCSU

Loc.
Raleigh, NC
My nickname with a few friends from high school is Deez because my last name starts with a D... NCSU for the college I graduated from.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
AGR Frat bros from 18 yrs ago had a hard time pronouncing my last name. So one day a redneck in the frat yelled out "Crawfish". Since I was older than some of the others it converted to "Crawdad" a few short weeks later. Been stuck with it since.

"Now you know......the rest of the story!"

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
Mine came on from high school I always had a Mustang and everyone called them mutts because I was always cobbling them together due to funds but later on when I started drag racing and had money everyone from highschool started saying now you have bada$$ mutts so badmuttstang just seemed like a good blend even put it on my last drag car.

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
Savage44 was my call name, for on line gaming (call of duty, Battle field, etc.) and I've just stuck with it. I Just took the 44 off. So now savage;D

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
I create and build unusual stuff growing up so my friends started calling me madgyver. Remember the "Fonz" from Happy Days sitcom. My friends call me "mad" using beginning part of my last name. And added "gyver" from MacGyver show where the character always "improvised "

It was that since middle school.

tvall

Wish I could say mine's original. T for Tim, Vall - first 4 letters of last name. Easy to remember... and most "Bronco" related names that I could think of were taken. I also hadn't bought my green ranger yet so....

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Because inalways wanted an orange and white bronco. After giving up i kept it. Evrything i have now is red and white so i guess it worked out. Lol

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
MIIKEE73....Mike E. Too many Mikes so I added an I and I drive a 73. MIIKEE LIKES IT.

cldonley

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Robinson, TX
Just used my name, boring, I know. I was a first sergeant in the army. They didn't give me any nice nicknames!

TOOLMAN

My college nickname was TOOL, because I liked the band, and more likely that I'm kind of a tool. TOOL was taken on this website so I went with TOOLMAN. No, I do not sell tools, but I own quite a few.

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
Mine came from my Choice in friends...I raised a pair of Airedale Terriers who were legendary, Elliott, and Bill...Hence the name....If you hang with stupid friends, at some point, Stupid rubs off...

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I am a hot-rodder not a restorer, my Dad was into restored to original condition classic cars, he thought what I would do to them was sick and wrong.

In the finest traditions of the internet the spelling of sick and wrong became sykanr0ng. (a closer spelling was in use elsewhere)

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
I've been an avid bowhunter since I was knee high to a grasshopper....hence the handle of "Bowhunter". Ain't much better than stick and string.