• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Sliding Rag Top??

What to do with the top?

• Total voters

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Nice work! Looks great!

I agree the style of the hard top can't be beat.

I wasn't sure at first with the dark example pictured, as it looks to be hanging off the back some. But the white one looks excellent! It lays very flat when open and closed, and looks to stop short of hanging off the back. VERY nice!

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
I like that you "color matched" with the top color... Very inconspicuous. I have an original sliding rag 55 vw beetle and I don't think I ever drive it without it open. haha

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
That is a really cool option! I had never seen that on a bronco before. If I had a hard top on mine I would have to take a really good look at that.

OP
OP
CarsandBars

CarsandBars

Loc.
Henrico
Nice work! Looks great!

I agree the style of the hard top can't be beat.

I wasn't sure at first with the dark example pictured, as it looks to be hanging off the back some. But the white one looks excellent! It lays very flat when open and closed, and looks to stop short of hanging off the back. VERY nice!

I agree I thought the black one was a little to long that’s why I ended up going 5 inches shorter

OP
OP
CarsandBars

CarsandBars

Loc.
Henrico
That is a really cool option! I had never seen that on a bronco before. If I had a hard top on mine I would have to take a really good look at that.

Ty, I was super nervous to cut the top and measured it at least 10 times

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
very nice job !

was always wondering how difficult it would be to make it electric sliding.
kinda like heep offered 10 years ago. called it a sky slider

Attachments

• 2008-jeep-liberty-skyglider.jpg
    2008-jeep-liberty-skyglider.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 95
OP
OP
CarsandBars

CarsandBars

Loc.
Henrico
How's the real world use of the sliding top? Still considering this for one of mine.

Thanks

Not bad,

The handle for locking and unlocking the top hits the roll bar when you go to slide it back, so when I want to slide it back I leave it off. The handle easily unscrews so its not much of a pain.
Its snug so it does require some pressure to open and close.
Its slightly quieter then a soft top when closed but when its open its surprisingly even more quiet.
It does make a little noise (flopping Fabric sound) at highway speeds but nothing more then a soft top does.
No leaks when driving in a light drizzle.

I am super happy with the quality and fit.

Skinnyr1

>>> here's some pics from a previous thread... forget who.... I like that setup very much ,but I wouldn't cut my current top until I had another one as good....

RE:post 2 on this thread.

Anyone know what size this sliding rag top is or who owns this rig? It looks bigger than the off the shelf 40x70 version sold by sunroof source and the size sunroof used by the person who posted this thread. My guess is that it is 50" wide instead?

https://www.sunroofsource.com/1966-1977-ford-bronco-sliding-ragtop-folding-sunroof-kit/