• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

"go to first new post" not working like it used to

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Previously before the recent site update, when I logged into the site, only the threads that had new posts since the last time I logged in were in bold and had the little "go to the first new post" arrow to the left of the title.

For example, if I logged in at 10am, read what I wanted to of the new posts (but not all of them) the next time I logged in a few hours later, all of the arrows from my previous log in would be gone regardless of whether or not I'd read anything in that thread and only the threads with new posts from the past few hours had the arrow.

Now every thread I haven't read since the update still has the arrows days later. The "go to first new post" links are staying in place until I actually read that thread regardless of how many times I log into the site.

How do I make the link work like it used to. As it stands, if there's a thread I'm not interested in reading, it will be bold and have the arrow in perpetuity it seems.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Since the 'upgrade' you now need to manually mark the forums as read if you want them to stop showing in the new posts search results.

Use the pull down quick links menu.

Attachments

• forum-markread.gif
    forum-markread.gif
    20.6 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
thegreatjustino

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Thanks for the tip. Doing that does clear the arrows, but now I have to do that every time I'm done reading and logging off? Kind of a pain.