• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What's its worth thread (my build project)

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
here is the link to my build http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188757&highlight=official+build+thread I am considering, for multiple reasons, buying instead of building. Here is the "skinny". Body and frame have been acid dipped and dipped in epoxy paint (called e-coat, done by a first line contractor for nissan in jxn ms). I have a hard top with glass removed ready to be worked in very good shape. I have an explorer engine completely rebuilt with new block and comp roller rockers and upgraded cam. Painless wiring harness with efi harness by efi guy. trans (4r70) is currently being built. two dana t shifts. Champion radiator. new leafs and coils with 2 inch suspension lift. body is on an old frame so body work can be done. front end is fresh with dana 4.11s and new carrier (not a locker but not a clutch driven, cant remember the name) rear end is a stock 4.11 open carrier. BC bronco fuel injection tank. all interior parts (truck was a bahama blue). i will build the cross member for the aa adapter to dana 20. i know the option is there to part it out, but it is a piece of my life, so i would want it to go to someone who is going to build it. please comment good or bad, i am 60 years old and almost grown lol

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
I'd be interested in this depending on where you end up on price.

But a few more questions that tend to move the value needle for me:
1. How well indexed/labeled are the parts? For the interior or engine parts, how easy will it be to pick up where you left off?
2. How far did you get with the doors?

For a number, most abandoned projects seem to pull $5-10k depending on parts/equip/shape. I'd put yours near the top for the complete body, but as with most other mechs (engines/trans/etc) you don't really get any value unless you have a receipt for the work done to prove when/what was done.

PM me when you have a number. I've been looking for a while and not afraid of a project.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'd be interested in this depending on where you end up on price.

But a few more questions that tend to move the value needle for me:
1. How well indexed/labeled are the parts? For the interior or engine parts, how easy will it be to pick up where you left off?
2. How far did you get with the doors?

For a number, most abandoned projects seem to pull $5-10k depending on parts/equip/shape. I'd put yours near the top for the complete body, but as with most other mechs (engines/trans/etc) you don't really get any value unless you have a receipt for the work done to prove when/what was done.

PM me when you have a number. I've been looking for a while and not afraid of a project.

some parts are labeled some are not. the engine is still at the machine shop, receipt can be produced, same as trans. the doors have been ecoated also, they are in excellent shape. hood and grille are still "naked" with no rust, need to be primed.

jason.k

Loc.
Gulfport Ms
hard to say what its worth but with the parts that you gave collected I will agree with Jax with some where around 10k. picks would help and when you come up with a number PM me as I might be interested as well.

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
here is the link to my build http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188757&highlight=official+build+thread I am considering, for multiple reasons, buying instead of building. Here is the "skinny". Body and frame have been acid dipped and dipped in epoxy paint (called e-coat, done by a first line contractor for nissan in jxn ms). I have a hard top with glass removed ready to be worked in very good shape. I have an explorer engine completely rebuilt with new block and comp roller rockers and upgraded cam. Painless wiring harness with efi harness by efi guy. trans (4r70) is currently being built. two dana t shifts. Champion radiator. new leafs and coils with 2 inch suspension lift. body is on an old frame so body work can be done. front end is fresh with dana 4.11s and new carrier (not a locker but not a clutch driven, cant remember the name) rear end is a stock 4.11 open carrier. BC bronco fuel injection tank. all interior parts (truck was a bahama blue). i will build the cross member for the aa adapter to dana 20. i know the option is there to part it out, but it is a piece of my life, so i would want it to go to someone who is going to build it. please comment good or bad, i am 60 years old and almost grown lol

Why are you consider buying? To much to put back together? I would keep and try to have someone help you put it back together. Seems like you would get more satisfaction out of building it yourself but that's just me. Good Luck.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Why are you consider buying? To much to put back together? I would keep and try to have someone help you put it back together. Seems like you would get more satisfaction out of building it yourself but that's just me. Good Luck.

Just have some life issues in the way, would rather build, but I am looking at options right now. Only way I would sell is I have something to replace it aka another early bronco.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks guys, to those who requested PM's, will let you know my final decision.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
imho, the body puts this project at the 10K range, if you go get a bronco body by itself in this condition it is going to be expensive. this is real steel meaning original. the bottoms of the front door post had rust, so just cut out the rusted bottoms and cut sections to fit out of new post. tabbed them and fitted them to the old post, that way i did not have to deal with fitting the whole post. in one of the pics you can see the blue doors that were the original color. i sent those off and had them dipped and also ecoated. the body will need some body work, but nothing major. should get the trans back next week and i will modify and fit the crossmember.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have decided to keep my project. The only way I can get the bronco I want is to build it. Thanks for everything you guys do for the enthusiasts on this site.

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think that is your best option. Now get busy building that dream Bronco. ;)